Cover Girl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation Review and Swatches

Earlier this week at CVS, I spotted the newest Cover Girl Foundation- Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1.  It's supposed to combine foundation, primer and concealer in one product.  I'm all for making life easier, so I bought a bottle to see what it's all about.  It cost around $12.

I love that it comes in a pump bottle.  They're so much easier and less messy than jar foundations, or the kind that you just pour out in your hand.  

The texture of this product is a medium thickness- not runny and not super thick.  

You can see as I start to blend it that this is a full coverage foundation- they definitely mean what they say about this acting as a concealer. 

I would say that the claim about coverage is definitely accurate, and it lasted all day as if I wore primer, so that was good as well. 

But the bad news is, this foundation doesn't work well on my dry skin.  It has a matte finish and it clung to the dry flaky patches, such as my chin and in between my eyebrows.  It also tended to settle into my fine lines quite a bit.  I think that those of you who have oilier skin, and even those who have normal skin that are looking for a matte finish will love this!  Especially if you're seeking full coverage.  
But I'm sad to say it didn't work well for me.  :( 

Has anyone tried this yet?  What did you think?




7 comments

  1. Is it a yellow toned foundation? It looks like it is frm the pic, but sometimes its different in real life. Thanks, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda,
    Yes, it was still a bit orange for me. In the bottle, it looked a little pinker than when I actually pumped it out. I probably should have gotten a different shade, but without testers it's so hard to tell! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I’m currently using the Revlon Colorstay foundation in shade 180 – Sand Beige so i’m looking for shade that’s kinda similar to it. Do u think which shade of this Cover Girl is the most similar to that?

    Thanks you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also was wearing the Sand beige in the Revlon Colorstay and just switched yesterday to the Cover girl 3 in 1 in the buff beige it is the perfect color and same tone as the Revlon Sand Beige

      Delete
  4. Do you know what shade you are in MAC foundation just for comparison? I am interested in trying this but I haven't found a break down of which ones are yellow undertones yet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buff Beige is #815 how weird urs says #825 which is Natural Beige =/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vanessa, that IS weird! Huh...

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig