IPSY Glam Bag November 2012- Party Perfect!

I'm sure many of you have heard of the new Sample Societies that are cropping up these days, where you pay $10 or $15 a month and get a box of samples in return.  I've joined a few and cancelled them after a couple of months, because I found that just using a sample once or twice wasn't enough to truly try a product.  Also, I would get products that I wouldn't use based on my skin/hair type.  Then I found ipsy.com.

Ipsy is $10 a month, and for that you get a cute little makeup bag filled with 5 generously sized products, some even full size!  The products are tailored to you based on a quiz you take when you sign up. Each month has a theme, and November's is "Party Perfect".  

I was so excited to get mine in the mail today and when I opened it, here's what was in the cute brown makeup bag: 


The Balm Meet Matt(e) Eyeshadow Single in Matt Batali (a smoky charcoal shade). 
Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss in Daredevil(a sparkling blackberry shade) in a generously sized tube.
Benefit They're Real Mascara (a generously sized tube).  
Full Sized Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Millionaire (worth $13).
Full Sized Starlet Cosmetics Intense Eyeliner in Chocolate (worth $11).  

I'm really impressed with everything!  They gave me a $20 coupon toward a pair of shoes at Justfab.com, and also, when you log into the site, you have the opportunity to purchase the full-sized products in your glam bag at a discount! 

So here are my initial impressions of the products: 


The Balm's Meet Matt(e) eyeshadow is soft, highly pigmented, and perfect for creating a smoky eye.  


Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Daredevil is a sheer to medium coverage gloss that's hydrating, and has a tingle that plumps lips.  When I first saw the tube, I thought it would be too dark for me, but the color came out a sheer raspberry shade that looked really pretty.

Starlet Cosmetics Intense Eyeliner in Chocolate is a soft pencil that has nice glide, but not so much that you don't have control.  I was happy to get this in a shade that I would use everyday!


Nailtini's Nail Lacquer in Millionaire is part of their Speakeasy Collection, and has teal and gold tinsel in a rose-gold microglitter.  It goes on pretty sheer by itself, like most glitter nail polishes tend to do, but I'll definitely be layering this over my other nail shades for the holidays for a festive look. 

I've previously reviewed Benefit's They're Real Mascara, and it is one of the best mascara's I've tried to date.  

I'm so happy with ipsy.com, and for $10, I more than got my money's worth.  Are you a member of any sample societies?  Have you tried ipsy?



5 comments

  1. I love the new site design! I had just discovered your blog before you went AWOL, glad to know that I can count on more posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks K! I was finishing my degree and it took up so much time, it didn't leave much for blogging. But I'm finished now, and will be sticking around. Thanks so much for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I'd gotten the Benefit mascara - that's what I use now and I love it. Not a huge fan of the eyebrow gel. Happy with Glam Bag thus far though - love trying all of the new cosmetics each month. Much happier with Glam Bag than I was with Birchbox!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree- wish I had gotten they're real mascara! But still pleased with Ipsy:)

      Delete
  4. I thought ipsy rocked this month! Loved everything!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig