Shannon's Soaps Lavender Mint Balm and Vetiver Shaving Soap Review

A while back, I had the opportunity to test some soaps and a body lotion from the natural line, Shannon's Soaps.  Not only did I fall in love with the products, but my husband Eric did too.  Those two bars of soap that I thought would last me a while went twice as fast, because he started using them every day too.  I was in shock because that was the first time he has ever touched one of my beauty products.  He usually sticks to his manly bar of dial and forget about trying to get him to use body wash- even the kind that's specifically made for men.
So we were both really excited to see another package arrive from Shannon's Soaps last week.  Included were a Vetiver Shaving Soap and a Lavender Mint Balm.


I opened the Balm right away and started using it.  Here's a shot of the packaging so you can see the ingredients.  

This particular scent, Lavender Mint is a natural essential oil, but she also offers a version made with fragrance oils in your choice of Tropical Coconut, Jasmine, or Monoi de Tahiti.  
I've tried other balms in the past, and they always left a greasy residue on my skin that took forever to sink in.  But I was totally blown away by Shannon's Balm, because it soaks right in and isn't the tiniest bit greasy.   Not to mention that the Sunflower Seed Oil and Shea Butter are the perfect treat  for my dry, flaky skin.  The other thing I love about Shannon's Balms, is that they're way more portable than lotion.  I've been toting mine around in my purse, and it's so easy to take it out and apply it wherever I need to, whether it's my hands, elbows or knees.  A 1.5 oz. tin is $5 and I can see it lasting for a long time, as you only need to use a little bit at a time.


The Vetiver Shaving soap is meant to be used with a brush and mug, rather than a razor and shaving cream.  Unfortunately, my husband is an electric razor kind of guy, and I can't get him to try wet shaving no matter what I do.  But I figured that wouldn't stop me from trying it, because I have to shave too, right?  I have never shaved with a soap before, so this was a first for me.


I didn't have a brush and mug, but I found that I didn't need it.  I wet the bar and found that it lathered up really nicely in my hands.  I didn't get as thick of a foam as with shaving gel (or if I had used the shaving brush method), but I found out that it didn't matter.  This super hydrating soap gave the razor amazing glide, and my legs felt moisturized the whole time.  Afterwards, I didn't have any redness or itching that I usually get with shave gel.  When I was finished, I used a body lotion, like I always do and viola! I have the smoothest legs ever!  The scent, Vetiver is the perfect fragrance for men, but I'm kind of obsessed with it myself.  It's woody and herbal with a touch of sweetness to it.  Other fragrance oil scents are Sandalwood, Jasmine-Sandalwood and Halftime.  Or, for those who prefer natural scents, there's Lavender-Rosemary-Mint, Almond, Bergamot-Mint, or just plain unscented.  
I don't think I'll ever go back to shaving gel after this! A 3 oz. round soap is $4. 

To order, please visit Shannonssoaps.com.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig