Bath and Body Works Mini Haul- Forever Red Review

I was at Bath and Body Works today and was drawn to the front table, which was full of bright red bottles, highlighting their new fragrance, Forever Red. The ads I've seen say that it's BBW's most luxurious fragrance ever.
Here's what's in it-
Top Notes: Fiery Pomegranate, Rare French Peach, Luminous Apple
Middle Notes: Red Peony, Night Marigold, Red Osmanthus
Bottom Notes: Rich Vanilla Rum, Velvety Marshmallow, Oak Wood

I spritzed a little bit on my wrists and walked around the mall for a while before I decided to go back and get it.  It's a stronger, oriental type scent with strong fruity and vanilla notes.  It reminds me of some of the Victoria's Secret perfumes, especially Very Sexy and Incredible.  Sometimes strong scents can give me a headache, even if I like the actual scent, so in that case, what I do is skip the perfume, and buy the body products to layer.  That way, the scent is more sheer.
Since I really liked this scent, and they were offering Buy 2 get 1 free, or Buy 3 get 2 free on all signature collection products, I decided to scoop up a few.
I ended up getting the new Golden Sugar Scrub, which they make in almost all of BBW's scents now, the Triple Moisture Body Cream, and the EDT Rollerball perfume, which I find easier to control than a perfume spray.

The Golden Sugar Scrub is a gritty scrub that has large sugar granules in it, so I found it very effective.  It also leaves a bit of oil behind on the skin for moisture.  Since I have really dry skin, I don't mind that, but people with oilier skin might prefer a scrub that does not contain oils and that rinses clean away.  The only thing I wasn't crazy about, is that this scrub doesn't foam up or spread easily like some others, (it's very thick) so I ended up having to use a lot to cover my entire body.  The price is $16.50.


The Triple Moisture Body Cream is my favorite of the 3 products I bought.  This cream is highly scented- I didn't even need to use the rollerball afterwards.  I used it about 3 hours ago, and can still smell it very strongly.  The cream is very moisturizing and left my skin feeling super soft!  It's a little pricey though, at $20 for a tube.

Finally, the rollerball EDT is small and will fit easily into a purse in case you want to touch up your fragrance throughout the day.  This version is an Eau de Toilette so it's not as strong as the Eau de Parfum version in the full sized bottle.  They also have a double ended product with a rollerball on one end, and Forever Red lipgloss on the other.  I considered buying that, but I'm not crazy about red lipgloss, so I skipped it.  The regular rollerball is $12.50. 

All together, these 3 products would have added up to $49, but since they were running the special, I got the rollerball for free.  Also, the girl behind the counter gave me a $10 off coupon for spending $30 or more, so I ended up getting the 3 products for $26.50- not bad! They also gave me a coupon booklet with the same $10 off coupon in it, among others to be used next month.  
Has anyone else tried Forever Red?  I see that it's getting mostly positive reviews online, but a few negatives as well.  



No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig