Fall 2012 Makeup Trends for Less Part 1- Wine Burgundy Colored Lips

Fall is upon us, and there are tons of trends gracing the red carpet and the runways for fall.  First up, is a dark, vampy deep red lip in wine or black cherry.  Celebs like Kate Bosworth, Camilla Belle, Jessica Alba and Katy Perry have been spotted rocking the trend, as well as on the runways at Nina Ricci and YSL to name a few.



There are tons of new lip shades hitting the drugstores that are perfect for embracing the trend, if you're brave enough to try it (not sure if I am yet!).  

Here are my picks for Fall 2012: 

Maybelline Color Sensational in Deepest Cherry and Plum Perfect.  I love Color Sensational's honey nectar formula for it's super-moisturizing properties and smooth feel.  These colors are the perfect wine/burgundy shades, like Kate Bosworth's lips above.

Maybelline Color Sensational in Deepest Cherry


Maybelline Color Sensational in Plum Perfect


A great long-wearing option is L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge in Persistent Plum.  This wine shade will last for hours and hours while vitamin E keeps your lips moisturized. This plummy shade is similar to Katy Perry's look above. 




L'Oreal's new Rouge Caresse is a lightweight lip color that stains your lips with a barely there feel.  
This shade in Satiny Cocoa is almost a brick red similar to Camilla Belle's look above. 

Cover Girl's Lip Perfection in Enamor is a dark red-brown and the highly pigmented, yet moisturizing formula will last for hours and hours. 

Revlon's Just Bitten Balm Stain is a super moisturizing stain that lasts all day with no dryness.  I really like this shade called Crush for fall 2012.



If you're not quite ready to go this dark, there are some gloss/balm options that will give you a wine/burgundy tint.  

I'm totally in love with Yes To Carrots Color Balm in Soft Plum.  It reminds me of Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey.  It gives a plummy tint, without much drama.  See my review HERE.


Another great option is Revlon's Colorburst Lip Butter in Fig Jam. These are more pigmented than a lot of balms on the market, but still sheerer than a lipstick.


L'Oreal Colour Riche Le Balm in Plum.  While not quite as pigmented as Revlon's Lip Butter, this option will work for those who just want a hint of plum-wine tint.




Sp, will you be embracing bold dark lips this season?  I'll probably be sticking to my nude shades, since I don't think dark shades look good on me, although I have been known to slick on a darker balm once in a while!

Stay tuned for Part 2 of Fall 2012 Makeup Trends tomorrow!

3 comments

  1. I haven't rocked dark lips since the 90's, but maybe it's time to revisit the look! I'm a huge fan of Maybelline Color Sensational and I'll probably give one of these colors a try after I see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too funny, I just got Loreal Caresse in Satiny Cocoa! It looked like such a "fall" shade and I always experiment with darker shades in the colder months anyway. Nice to see I'll be on trend this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. im loving these fall colors! dark lip stick colors are a must for fall. My favorite right now is hung-up by MAC. To die for!
    http://sparkletude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig