Cover Girl " BB Cream " Review

When I first heard the term BB Cream, I thought that Beauty Balm would be more balm-like, sort of like a primer with color in it, that would smooth out lines and correct skin tone, and add a little coverage.  But sadly, most of them are glorified tinted moisturizers with some added skincare ingredients.  Granted, tinted moisturizers do have their place in our beauty arsenals, so I guess it's nice that they're adding some additional beneficial skin care ingredients to them.  But at some point I'd like to see someone come out with a thicker, more balm-like formula.  But anyway....

Yesterday, I spotted Cover Girl's new "BB Cream" at Rite Aid, and although I thought the packaging looked eerily similar to their CG Aqua Smoothers Tinted Moisturizer, I thought, they must have changed the formula!  I was wrong.  Below, you'll see the "BB Cream" version, and the previous version.  I noticed after I got home that the "BB Cream" packaging says, "New Look", which should have tipped me off that only the packaging had changed.



The back panel of the "BB Cream" says that it does a few extra things, compared with the back panel of the Tinted Moisturizer, such as improving skin elasticity & all day hydration.




Now, the part I'm most peeved about...the ingredients panels are identical.  They didn't change the formula even one tiny little bit!  They just added the name "BB Cream" to the packaging.  I feel like this is so misleading! 
Here are the side by side comparisons- "BB Cream" on top, Tinted Moisturizer below that.  



I'm upset that I spent $7.50 on this, since I already own the original and it's the exact same product.  I'll be taking it back to Rite Aid to get my money back.  I usually love Cover Girl, but this annoyed me, and I wish they had innovated and actually come up with a new formula instead of trying to trick customers into thinking this was a new product.  Not cool.

6 comments

  1. Thats ridiculous! I agree, someone needs to come out with a real BB Cream, because the ones that are out are nothing like the ones I've tried from Asia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...that is some pretty shady marketing. I like CG products and won't stop buying them, but I'm disappointed nonetheless. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many cosmetics and beauty products that we can see and buy online. Most companies using social media as a marketing strategy that gives consumer easy to access. But as part of wise buying we need to be responsible to check the products that we want to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing more and more reviews about these North American BB creams being no more than tinted moisturizers. Personally, I wear true BB creams (Korean BB creams). Etude House and Skinfood are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HATE drugstore BB Creams. I have found some truly incredible products in drugstores but these brands just can't seem to get it right!! I think they should spend more time on research and formulation instead of just jumping on a trend bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there! Great review. I like the package and label of the product. Thank you.

    http://bestnaturalskinblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig