Shenandoah by Terri Michele Fragrance Review

I have a very sensitive nose, and heavy perfumes can give me a headache very easily.  So I usually tend to gravitate toward clean, fresh smelling perfumes that aren't too heavy or imposing.  The problem with most light fragrances, is that they don't last long- by midday they've completely faded.  


Recently, I had the opportunity to try Shenandoah by Terri Michele fragrances.  Shenandoah was created by Michele Kaplan, a "fragrance aficionado and mother of three" who wanted to find a signature scent that was "light and clean, yet long lasting" and “draws you in as though it were a part of the wearer rather than a spritz from the bottle.”   I can definitely relate to that, so I was really excited to try it! 


Here's the description from the Terri Michele website:
"THE SIGNATURE SCENT OF TERRI MICHELE FRAGRANCES, SHENANDOAH IS FRESH, CLEAN, AND AQUATIC, WITH CLASSIC APPEAL AND SUPERB STAYING POWERAn inviting combination of floral notes, the fragrance is at once soft, subtle, and alluring. The singular, utterly feminine scent is said by some to be purity and light captured in a bottle. Artisanal in concept, Shenandoah is custom-blended and worn by company founder Michele Kaplan".  The notes are:
Bergamot, White Lily, White Musk, Freesia, Lotus, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood


Sounds amazing, and it is!  I've been wearing Shenandoah for a week now, and have gotten tons of compliments on it.  Some people have said it smells like soap, while others have said it smells fresh yet warm, like your favorite clean t-shirt.  

My favorite thing about this fragrance is that it's the best of both worlds- light and airy, yet the sandalwood, white musk and ylang ylang keep it grounded and give it lasting power.  
I can't stop sniffing my wrists- it's just that wonderful.  Even my husband who's very picky about perfumes and doesn't like too many of them, loves Shenandoah.  He told me that it's feminine without being flowery- it's just light and clean.  


There are also ancillary products in the line, including body lotion, body wash, roll on perfume, and a soy candle.  


One more thing I love about this company is their commitment to the environment.  All of the bottles are made entirely from repurposed milk jugs or HDPE.  And all boxes are made from paper that is approved by the Paper Stewardship council, which are assured to come from forests that are managed to meet the social, economic and environmental needs of current and future generations.  
I think Shenandoah is going to be my main fragrance this Spring and Summer.  It's perfect for every day, whether I'm going to work, or just hanging out on the weekends.  
Have you tried the Shenandoah line?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!


Disclaimer: Jenna has personally reviewed the product listed above. She has not received any monetary compensation for her review but did receive a free product to try out so she could evaluate and use it for her review. Her thoughts & opinions in this review are unbiased & honest and your opinions may differ.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig