Organix Coconut Hibiscus Creamy Body Lotion Review



Recently, Organix launched a new line of body lotions and body washes.  They come in three scents, Coconut Hibiscus, Moroccan Argan Oil, and Cherry Blossom and Rice Milk.  
My experience with Organix hair products has been so-so, but I was at CVS last week, and ended up purchasing the Coconut Hibiscus body lotion. My mind was in summer mode since we had a random warm snap in New England and it was 80 degrees outside...I took one whiff of the Coconut Hibiscus lotion, and decided I had to have it for the scent alone. It smells heavenly.  Creamy coconut with just a hint of floral to make it a little feminine.  But overall, it smells like you just walked onto a tropical beach- amazing.  
Here's some packaging shots: 

This contains Sugar Cane and Willow Bark, which mildly exfoliate to encourage cell turnover, as well as Coconut Milk proteins. Rice Milk and Bamboo Extract soften the skin.  One downside is that it does contain mineral oil, for those sensitive to it. 
To be honest, I didn't expect too much from this lotion, since I got average results from the shampoo and conditioner. I really just bought this for the scent...BUT, I was shocked at how amazingly soft and smooth this made my skin! It literally felt like velvet after using this.
It's got an average consistency, not too thick, not too thin: 
My skin is incredibly dry, and this not only moisturized and made my skin feel like smooth as silk, but after using it for a few days, I realized that it had also smoothed and gotten rid of my flakes!  It soaks in immediately and leaves no greasy residue.  I actually put this in my purse and brought it to work (and it's not a small bottle at 13 oz!) just so I could use it on my hands throughout the day, and bring the scent of the tropics to my cubicle.  I think I'm going to put some in a small, purse friendly bottle to tote with me from now on.  
I'm actually thinking about going back for the body wash.  
Have you tried this, or any of the other scents?  I loved the Moroccan Oil scent and almost bought it too. :)



2 comments

  1. I love coconut scents so I really want to check this out. I thought I saw buy one get one 50% off at CVS the other day on Organix products. Maybe I'll get the lotion and body wash to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought this and it feels fantastic! The only thing is, it looks like I put on glitter lotion due to what I'm guessing is the mica in it. My skin certainly is shining but it does look somewhat unprofessional at work. Haha I know it sounds weird but did you experience the same thing?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig