Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Cuticle Eraser + Balm

I was in Rite Aid yesterday, and spotted the new Sally Hansen Cuticle Eraser and Balm- I was totally drawn to the white and mint-green swirly pot! 

My hands are dry normally, but the winter makes them look like I'm 84, not 34, and having hands that are that dry, comes with major hangnails and rough cuticles.  Since I just bought a beautiful new Revlon Colorstay Gel nail polish (review coming tomorrow), I thought maybe I should clean up my nails a bit first so my manicure looked prettier.  
Here's the packaging/ingredients


I loved that this is an all in one product to remove cuticles and moisturize at the same time.  The balm smells really light and fresh, like cucumbers, and it's the consistency of a cross between vaseline and a body butter.  It's very thick, yet easy to massage into the nails. 



 I found that it removed some cuticle, but not completely.  I think I'll have to use it a few more times to remove them totally.  The instructions said you can use a cuticle pusher to get rid of hard to remove cuticles, but I didn't have one with me- not a big deal.  I loved the way it made my nails and the skin around them so smooth and healthy looking!  They looked my age again, which was so great.  

My one (tiny) complaint with this is that it's hard to wash off.  The directions said to wash your  hands afterward, and when I did, I realized that I still had greenish goop stuck around the sides of my nails.  I had to wash my hands a couple of times, scrubbing furiously at them to get it all off.  The buttery consistency of this stuff makes it want to hang on for dear life, which is a good thing while you're using the product, but not so good if you want it to come off!  Next time, maybe I'll try a stronger soap, such as dish soap to remove it, and see if that's easier.  

I definitely recommend this product if you're looking for an all-in-one solution to clean up and moisturize your cuticles!  It cost around $7 at Rite Aid.



2 comments

  1. I thought about grabbing this up the other day. I've been looking for something to remove my cuticles and this promised to also moisturize which I desperately need. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog x it's great x wanted to invite you to check out my blog sale x lots of fab bargains xx maybe we could follow each other through GFC and bloglovin x hope to see you there xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig