Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick Review and Fancy Swatch

I sufffer from pretty dry lips in the winter, so I tend to avoid lipsticks, and stick with more moisturizing lip wear like balms and glosses.  But I saw Rimmel's Moisture Renew lipstick at CVS, and it's claim is that is supposed to reduce lip dryness by up to 65%, so I decided to give it a go.  
Here's what the Rimmel site says about Moisture Renew Lipstick: 



"Smoother Lips, Better Colour
This moisture-infused lip essential reduces lip dryness by up to 65% for smoother lips and better colour. Developed with SPF 18 and a cutting edge Self Adapting Moisture Complex that features Hylaronic Acid, Collagen and Vitamins A, C and E to nourish lips, leaving them with a smoother surface for better colour application and wear."


The tube is shiny and a pretty purple color.  I chose the color Fancy, a pinky nude.  




Here's a swatch on my arm: 


This has some sparkle in it, but it's not that annoying kind that feels gritty when you press your lips together.  This lipstick felt soft and cushiony the whole time it was on my lips, and didn't dry out at all!  I love the color, and it really did help to smooth my lips and make them feel soft.  

Here's my before and after pictures: 

BEFORE

AFTER:





And this one is after about an hour of wear and after I drank something.  It stayed on pretty well, having just faded a little bit. 



I'm loving this lipstick, especially for the winter!  While it's not quite as moisturizing as a balm, it's pretty close, and for a lipstick, it's exceptionally moisturizing.  
Have you tried this yet?  I'd love to hear your thoughts! 



2 comments

  1. This looks like a really pretty color, and I've been dying to find a lipstick that doesn't stick to dry patches. I'm going to check this one out- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rimmel products, the lipsticks, and especially the moisture renew lipglosses, infact I'm wearing one now with a matching rimmel lipliner, I have the purple and fuschia ones. They rock, I wear it over matching color lipsticks

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig