Physicians Formula Youthful Wear Cosmeceutical Foundation Review

Physician's Formula has a new Youth Boosting line of concealers, foundations and powders that are supposed to make you look 10 years younger.  I was intrigued, so I decided to start with the foundation, especially since the package came with a rebate to try it for free!


Here's some packaging shots: 



This foundation comes in a tube, and includes a synthetic foundation brush.  
Here's what the dispenser looks like: 

The formula is a lightweight mousse-like consistency that blends easily.  It has a matte finish, but is really moisturizing and doesn't sink into lines and pores.  All I needed was a tiny pea sized amount to cover my whole hand.  

Here's my hand before: 



And here's the after: 


The bottom line...this foundation is awesome!  It not only gave me medium to full coverage, but it didn't look like a mask and seemed to smooth over lines and wrinkles.  I really want to try the concealer and powder now.  
Have you tried any of the products in this line yet?  

3 comments

  1. I'm wondering which shade you would be in MAC as a comparison? I'm NC20ish and was looking at Light the other day and thought that might be just slightly too dark for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm NW20ish and this was a tiny bit dark for me in Light. It did blend in really well, but the only problem was, I had to blend it down my neck too so my face wasn't obviously a slightly different shade. I wish they made a bigger color range on these, but maybe if they're popular they will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought the fair at cvs. I'm extremely pale, blonde hair, blue eyes (british mom) etc. Basically i'm see through :). I'm beyond impressed and didn't have any expectations to start with. A gil friend of mine kept saying "you have to try this stuff".I'm 30, with a few very fine lines on my forehead but I have issues with redness and have minor rosacea. I look a good five years younger with this stuff on. As long as this foundation doesn't cause any breakouts i'm done with my bare minerals and prescriptives foundations.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig