Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow and Mood Boosting Lipstick


I saw this at CVS the other day, and since I was really happy with their Happy Booster blush, I bought it in a heartbeat, especially given the adorable packaging, and cute little heart shape in the lipstick itself. 
So here's what the packaging says:


So maybe I went into this with the wrong impression, but since this only comes in two colors, a pink and a nude, I assumed that this would be sheer, more like a balm, that would just give lips a little glow, or boost.  
I put it on when I got to work, and it ended up being much more pigmented, brighter and pinker than I thought it was going to be, like bubblegum, or Pepto-Bismol, which is not what I was hoping for, but I figured I'd leave it on and see how the color developed once it sat a little while.  About a half an hour later, I looked in the mirror, and the product was all caked up on my lips.  To be fair, my lips were a little bit dry that day, but still this is supposed to be a moisturizing product. So between the not so great color, and the cakiness, I returned it to CVS on my lunch break.  I didn't even take a picture of what it looked like on, because my first instinct was to wipe it off, and wonder if any of my coworkers noticed.  This one was definitely a disappointment, unfortunately.  I really wanted to like it!

2 comments

  1. I'm glad I read your review before I purchased this. I saw other similar reviews on other beauty blogs too, so I'm not going to spend my money. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I justbought mine and haven't used it yet. After reading your review and others, I'm returning mine 2morrow.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig