Revlon PhotoReady 3D Volume Mascara Review

I've always liked Revlon mascaras, so I was excited when I saw their display at Bed Bath and Beyond with Olivia Wilde's lashes looking so amazing. I just had to get it!  Read more and see my before and after pics after the jump....






Here's what the packaging says on the back:
The brush is a silicone brush that has spikes on the front and is almost exactly like Benefit's They're Real mascara, which I LOVE.
The spikes are great for creating separation- I turn the brush so it's pointing at my eye, and use the front to comb through my lashes, and it works great!
The formula is not too wet, or dry, not clumpy at all, and is just amazing!  The results speak for themselves- here's the before:


And the after:
I am blown away by the curl, separation, volume and length!  They are feathery, fluttery and so long, I could actually feel them touching my eyelid when I blinked. I totally felt like I was wearing false lashes.  I can say without question, this is the best drugstore mascara I've used to date, and I've tried them all.

 It's a spot on dupe for Benefit's They're Real and as I sit here writing this, I'm thinking it might even be  better. The formula isn't quite as wet as the Benefit version.  The Revlon didn't make a mess of my eyelids as I  applied it.

Here's a shot taken a little further back. You can see it just opens up my eye a lot.  By the way, I didn't curl my lashes either- that was all the mascara itself!
So are you guys excited?  I would say don't hesitate to buy this one if you see it in the stores!

10 comments

  1. I want this so badly- I'm sold. I haven't even seen ads for this yet, did it just come out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too, am sold! Wow- your lashes look incredible. I'm going to keep an eye out for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to say thanks for getting this review out there so fast. I saw this in the store and did a quick google search for reviews and you're the only one I found! It's nice to be able to find reviews on just-released products when you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I purchased Benefit's They're Real based on your review a few months ago and loved it! Now it's time for a replacement and I'm excited to see you've found a dupe! I'll be buying this this week! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. New to your blog, but had to comment. I've purchased this too, and it is the BEST mascara I've ever used--whether high-end, low-end, or anyplace in-between. I agree with you on it being even better than "They're Real."
    If you see it, buy it! Beyond awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the Blog, Aunty Social ( love the name!). This stuff is totally wonderful- thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness ur lashes look amazing ! i am wearing l'oreal voluminous million lashes and i am so happy with it but i might get this one ! ur lashes look awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to your review I bought this, and I'm in love with it. It's better than any expensive mascara i've tried. I just keep on building the coats until my lashes look like yours. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is it compared to the Maybelline Illegal Lengths mascara in your Jan 2012 Budget list? I am shocked (in a GOOD way) at both after photos - That is exactly what I want in my mascara. Thank you so much for these reviews, btw - I absolutely LOVE your blog! Such great info and I cannot find any other blog out there that is devoted to drug store makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Melissa, Thank you so much- I really appreciate that! :) If I were to compare the two, I would say that the Revlon is an all around lash booster- it lengthens, thickens and curls. Illegal Lengths gave me amazing length, and some volume, but not as much curl, and it has a traditional brush as opposed to the plastic Revlon one with the spikes at the end. I really love them both- I guess it's a matter of preference as far as what brush type you like. Both are long wearing and easy to work with. I usually trade off using them in the morning, because I can't decide between the two, as to which one to use, lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig