Maybelline Color Tattoo Review & Bad to the Bronze and Audacious Asphalt Swatches!



I have never been a fan of cream eyeshadows.  By lunchtime, they always seem to crease, migrate somewhere else, or disappear all together.  I was skeptical when I saw Maybelline's new Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows, but I figured with a name like "tattoo", it implies some serious staying power.

I splurged on two colors at CVS (since I had $5 in extra bucks anyway!) and they were around $8 a piece.
I chose Bad to the Bronze, which is a light brown with a golden tinge, and Audacious Asphalt, which is a true steely, gunmetal gray with a little bit of shimmer.  There were a ton of super fun colors like teal, orange and bright blue, but I was going for everyday wearability.


The texture is light and easily blendable.  The color pigment is incredible- it looks the same on the skin as it does in the jar without much layering.  



I was blown away by how long these last!  I checked on my color at lunchtime, and it looked the same as when I applied it, with no creasing.  By the time I got home from work, it was still going strong, with only the tiniest bit of creasing in my actual eyelid crease.  A quick swipe with my finger took care of that.  By the time I went to bed, it was still going strong.
Tonight when I tried to clean the swatches above from my arm , it took dish soap and some strong scrubbing to get it to come off all the way.
I am going back to get more colors!

Want to win these two Color Tattoo colors?  Click here for our New Year's contest!

8 comments

  1. These colors look so pretty! Like you, I stick to more neutral, wearable colors, but the brights are almost making me want to try something a little crazy- I'm actually considering the turquoise. But I also wantthe 2 you reviewed to wear everyday. I entered your contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove these colors! The gunmetal is gorgeous! I've been looking for a cream shadow in that color. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think these are great. They really last a long time with minimal creasing. I have the taupe one, it's a really nice mushroom brown that's just beautiful for everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with these shadows. I'm obsessed with Tenacious Teal- I've gotten so many compliments, and you're right, they do not fade at all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought a few of these colors (those two included) and I love them! I've actually never tried a cream shadow before, but now i'm hooked! I just found your blog and I hope to learn some really cool things from you! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love Bad to the Bronze!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very glowing colors . tattoos designs inked using these will glitter .

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig