L'Oreal EverCreme Shampoo and Conditioner Review

I'm having a great hair day!  This is not something I'm used to, especially lately.  I've been gradually going to a lighter shade of blonde, and the bleach is damaging my hair beyond belief.  Even my husband noticed the other morning as I was blow drying my hair and getting the round brush tangled in the tangled frizzy mess.  "Your hair is looking kind of...dry lately," he told me.  Gee, thanks a lot!
So, the other day I was in Rite Aid and noticed a new line of hair care from L'Oreal called EverCreme.  Upon inspection of the bottles, I saw that it was free of harsh sulfates and salts, and full of conditioning ingredients.  So of course, I picked some up.
There were two types of shampoos and conditioners- Nourishing and Intense Nourishing.  Since I have fine hair that is weighted down easily, I went for the regular nourishing ones.

The next day, I tried them out for the first time.  The shampoo lathered up like nobody's business, and it wasn't a stripping lather- the foam was so soft it didn't feel like it was drying out my hair.  I could not believe there were no sulfates to create all those luxurious bubbles.  A quick look at the ingredients panel and I saw that it contains sodium laureth sulfoacetate, which is derived from coconut/palm oils.  After shampooing, my hair already felt conditioned. Below is the ingredient label and info label on the shampoo.


The conditioner is a medium thickness and coats the hair nicely, yet rinses clean.  Here are the labels:


One thing I have to comment on is the scent- this stuff smells soooo good!  It has camelina extract, which I had to look up, because I had no idea what it was.  It's actually wild flax, which is a rich source of Omega fatty acids.  The scent is a warm, nutty, vanilla-like scent- very comforting, yet clean at the same time. It smells like something familiar, but I can't put my finger on it right now. It's not strong enough to linger on the hair too much, though.  During the day, I couldn't smell it in my hair unless I purposely put a strand up to my nose to sniff (which I did about a hundred times because I love the scent).

Although I was afraid my hair would be weighted down by EverCreme, it wasn't.  In fact, my hair was perfectly moisturized, yet still had plenty of swing and bounce.  And it is so super soft, I can't stop touching it.
I actually took a picture of my hair, because it looks so smooth.  I don't have a before picture, but let me just say that it was rough, frizzy and hay-like near the ends.
After using the shampoo and conditioner for 3 days, the only downside I've noticed is that the shampoo doesn't strip my hair enough, so it's starting to get a little weighted down/oily.  So this morning, I used a clarifying shampoo with the EverCreme conditioner, and everything was fine.  So I'm thinking I'll probably have to use a stronger shampoo every few days just to remove oils and product buildup, but I'm so happy to have found something that makes my hair feel like silk, without making it look flat.  I'd love to hear what you all think!  If anyone has tried this, let me know!

17 comments

  1. This looks great! I also have fine, damaged hair and sounds like this could be a great solution. It's hard to moisturize well without adding weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't in love with the EverPure line when it came out, so I'm not sure if I'll like this one or not. I actually have very thick, coarse hair, and if this could soften it, that would be amazing. I might try the intensive one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What clarifying shampoo do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The past few months, I've been using Bumble & Bumble Sunday clarifying shampoo because I got it for free as part of a package when I got my hair done for my wedding. I like it, but it's too expensive, so when I run out, I'll probably look for something else. One that I've used in the past that I really liked was Aussie's Cleanse and Mend. It's supposed to really clean the hair, while still conditioning the ends, and I don't know how, but it really does. It cleans really well with no residue, yet doesn't strip the hair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your blog because I literally just used this shampoo and conditioner for the first time (the normal, not the intensive), and I just had to know what the general consensus was! The scent immediately caught me by surprise because I have used the EverPure and EverSleek on and off for about 2 yrs or so, and I would have never imagined a vanilla scent in this line. The smell is SO amazing! It's EXACTLY like Bath & Body Works' "Warm Vanilla Sugar". I've been pleased with this line in general, and I hope this one takes the cake...cuz it almost smells like one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just used evercreme cleansing conditioner :) hear was clean( surprising because my hair gets oily fast) and SO soft. my mom used wen, and it reminds me of a cheaper version. i recommend it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Karen,
    Thanks for sharing! I've been dying to try the new Cleansing Conditioner, but my hair gets oily fast too, so I've been hesitating. Maybe now I'll try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have thick course wavy long hair. i saw the commercial bought it (intensive) first thing when i put the shampoo in my hand i thought i had grabbed the conditioned...nope... mine didn't lather like yours. then the conditioned... i wrapped my hair in towel, then the TEST.....to comb my hair, normally a lot of tugging and yanking...Not this time......comb went straight through smooth as silk..,i am sold

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you been using these products ever since you wrote this? Would be nice with a follow up on how it's going with them, since some products fail to perform after using them for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sandra,

    After a while of use, I found that my initial opinion of it didn't change too much. As someone with fine hair, I've found that I can't use this more than twice before my hair starts to feel weighted down, and gets easily greasy. So I use it a couple of times a week, alternating it with a stronger shampoo. What's nice about it is that the days I use it, I am able to give my hair a nice break from harsher products and I find I'm seeing a lot less damage as a result.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey ladies! I have over processed hair and have just purchased this product. I work in the beauty industry and can tell you that this is awesome and the price, you can't beat! So go ahead and buy it! Also, I tend to get very oily at the roots of my hair, but I combat that with Batiiste dry shampoo. I spray it on my roots and oil is gone. Batiste is sold in drugstores nationwide, I purchased mine at Ulta...best dry shampoo I have found and very low price...:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love love love the Evercreme cleansing conditioner. My hair is super thin, and very oily, and really dry on the ends. I have to be picky about what I use, because sulfates make my hair fall out by the handful. I used the cleansing conditioner once and my hair is bouncy and soft and it smells great. In fact, I woke up this morning with my hair as volumized and shiny as it was before bedtime, and that never happens. I'm going to keep using this as my daily.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been using this now for about three months and I love it. I find that many sulphate free shampoos make my hair feel more stripped, probably because they have no coating waxes. I love this shampoo, it makes my hair feel clean, and I do not have a problem with it not stripping my hair enough, even with leave in conditioner, coconut oil and other styling products in my hair this shampoo gets it all out in one wash. I also love that the shampoo is thick and creamy and I also love the smell. To me is smells like a combination of Shea butter, coco butter and coconuts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been using both the shampoo and conditioner now for about a month and would not change it at all!!! I love it!!! I have noticed since I had a Lap-Band done about 3yrs ago that my hair falls out bad, even though I take my vitiams everyday!!! But since using these products I have very little hair coming out and starting to feel thick again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I quit using sulfate shampoos 8 months ago and got into just co-washing. I liked it enough to stop using sulfate shampoos forever, but after trying out a sample of this Evercreme line, my hair has NEVER felt so soft and clean! If I straighten my hair after a wash, I have to wash my hair again the next day or else it looks flat and feels unclean but for the first time ever, I woke up to perfect second day hair. I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this shampoo! To avoid it building up, about every third shampoo I wash my hair with another mild shampoo first, then wash a second time with the Evercreme. That way my hair always looks and smells great. My hair has a fine texture but there is plenty of it and it used to go flat before I found Evercreme. I
    use the Nourishing Leave-In Spray instead of conditioner and it too is awesome. The leave-in spray is also nice to have around when my granddaughter visits.

    ReplyDelete
  17. any ingred with Prop in name is a paraben?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig