Cover Girl Cheekers Blush "Rose Silk" Review

Right off, let me start by saying that this blush is the perfect Nars Orgasm dupe at a fraction of the price! I purchased this blush at Harmon Drugs for $3.49, and when you compare it to the Nars blush at $27, (which is about 7 or 8 times the price), it's really a no-brainer.  
The comparison is almost spot-on.  The Cheekers blush in Rose Silk is the perfect peachy-pink with a subtle hint of gold shimmer that warms and flatters every complexion.  The brush that's included isn't great, and leaves streaks, so I would recommend using your own large blush brush.  


I found that the Cover Girl blush is highly pigmented, and when you swipe the brush over it, you pick up a lot of product, which is rare with drugstore products.  The picture below is one swipe with the brush! 




Cover Girl also makes a larger version of the same color for about a dollar more, which is well worth it in my opinion.  The larger version, called Classic Color is .3oz as opposed to the .12 Cheekers.


Some people complain about the smell of this blush- it has a Noxema-like smell, but funny enough, I like it because it reminds me of being a teenager.  Back then in the early 90's I used to use all Cover Girl products and they all smelled like this.  


Who out there has tried Cheekers?  Other than Rose Silk, are there any other colors you guys like?

5 comments

  1. Amazing! I haven't used cheekers in many years, but I will be sure to pick one up and try it again. I can't believe I was spending all that money on Orgasm when there is a perfectly good dupe in the drugstore. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased this today after reading your review. I wanted to say "thanks" because I just love the color- its exactly like orgasm from Nars. The quality is great and it was so cheap! I am going to start shopping the drug store more often because I feel like I have been wasting my money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love soft sable, it is like a cross between a bronzer and blush, and makes my skin glow!! I use it every day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The classic color rose silk is not the same as the cheekers rose silk. I know this sounds bizarre but true. The cheekers is the one you want, the classic color is heavier.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig