Suave Professionals Rosemary Mint Review

To be honest, I haven't used Suave since I was a teenager.  My Mother used to buy it because it was so inexpensive, and I would always complain to her, because my long, highlighted hair was very dry and their watery conditioners left it feeling like straw. 

Today, I was at the grocery store, and happened to be out of shampoo and conditioner.  As a browsed the aisle, I saw Pantene, Garnier Fructis, and Herbal Essences, and they are all good products, but I wanted to try something new.  The Suave Professionals line caught my eye, as did the scents- Rosemary Mint, Almond and Shea Butter, Aloe and Ginseng.  All of them smelled great, but I was most attracted to the Rosemary Mint.  There was something refreshingly non-perfumey about it...it was a very green scent.

I am in love, and I cannot believe I am saying that about Suave!  Washing my hair was such a pleasant experience because of the scent, I wanted to stay in the shower longer!  One downside is that after I used the shampoo, my hair felt kind of dried out, but then I slicked on the conditioner (not at all watery, by the way) and left it on for about 3 minutes while I finished my shower.  At the end, when I rinsed out the conditioner, it seemed to rinse out all the way, unlike most that leave your hair feeling slick so I was a little concerned that my hair would not be conditioned enough.
But just to be thorough and not to mess up the results, I did not add any additional products to my hair, I simply blow dried it using a round brush.  My hair felt amazing, and looked full of bounce and body, (and now I'm convinced that conditioners that leave your hair feeling slick in the shower must weigh your hair down). 
Not only that, but as I sit here typing this, my hair is falling into my face a little, and I can still smell that heavenly scent!  At $2.50 a bottle, this is an amazing buy!   **Please note, all products reviewed were purchased using my own money.  I was not paid for reviewing this product **

4 comments

  1. I'm a fan also! It really doesn't smell like Aveda's rosemary mint, like the bottle claims, but the scent is wonderful just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...sounds deelightful, and the price is right too! I'm going to purchase the next time I need shamp/cond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to comment that I too recently tried this stuff. I always, ALWAYS get sucked in by the Suave stuff that's like salon brands and now this stuff. I was SO impressed during week one that I thought I had made a Suave breakthrough and actually found something that I love (I never love anything I try from them) but THEN... THEN came week two. Driest scalp EVAR! Ever. It could be that I already live in a dry climate but even if I use that as an excuse, no other shampoo/conditioner combo I use, expensive OR cheap (Pantene is usually my cheap brand of choice and I never have issues with it), ever gives me a dry scalp so bad it flakes.

    Two nights ago I switched. My scalp is fine now. So before you get too happy... keep an eye out for the downfall. I had high hopes, too... I really loved the smell and feel and how clean my hair felt and the consistency of the conditioner when I first bought this stuff. I wish things could have worked out between us... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to try the conditioner. Sounds like a keeper for the price.

    http://adventuresinbayarealand.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig