Maybelline The Falsies Flared Review

I am definitely a fan of the original Falsies mascara, (not so much the Black Drama version though- too gloppy), so I jumped at the chance to buy the Flared version when I saw it in CVS.  There's something so flirty about lashes that flare out at the edges- I just had to have this.  

It appears to be the same formula as the original, but what's different, according to the packaging, is the brush.  The curved, spoon brush is supposed to make your lashes flare out when you apply it.  Sounded like a gimmick to me, but I figured, why not?

Below is my before and after pictures- they were taken in two different rooms, so that's why the light looks different. 


While I definitely think this mascara does a great job of thickening and lengthening my lashes, as well as flaring the outer corner lashes, I'm not sure that it flares them more than other mascaras I've used in the past. 

Granted, I always focus on the outer corner no matter what type of brush I'm using because I like to get as much flare as possible.  The brush on the Falsies Flared definitely makes focusing on those outer lashes easier, so that's a good thing. 
My only complaint, is that this mascara flakes, like the original Falsies, albeit not quite as much.  It also tends to get a little dried out after about 5 or 6 uses, but that's not a big deal- I'd much rather it be a little dry than too wet. 

What's your impression of any of the Falsies line of mascaras?  I'm going to give this one a solid 4 out of 5.


4 comments

  1. I love the Falsies so even if it is the same formula, I actually like curved brushes more anyway. So I will definitely buy the Flared one next time I need mascara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the commercial for this and the girls in the ad had like, huge flares and obvious fake eyelashes. Don't you wish that cosmetics companies showed someones actual lashes to show what the mascara does?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Abby,

    I agree that those ads can be misleading. I guess they think that people want to see drama. But that's what us beauty bloggers are here for- to take pictures of our own lashes using these products and show you the real deal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that the Falsies flakes so bad! More than any other mascara I've tried. That said, it really makes your lashes look amazing. I just wish they'd do something about the flaking!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig