Garnier Sleek and Shine Blow Dry Perfector Straightening Balm Review

Garnier has really been impressing me lately, and since CVS was offering $5 in ExtraBucks with a $15 Garnier purchase, I decided to stock up on some new products.  I recently reviewed two other new products- Silky Secret leave in spray, and the newly reformulated Anti-Frizz serum, both of which I totally loved, so I thought I'd pick up some more new products to try!


Yesterday, I bought the new Blow Dry Perfector straightening balm as well as the new Sleek and Shine shampoo and conditioner that have been reformulated with Argan Oil (review coming in a separate post! :)
One of my readers, Aimee had asked me to review the Blow Dry Perfector, so I wanted to get that posted first.

The Details: According to the packaging, this Blow Dry Perfector Straightening Balm is supposed to cut down on blow-drying time, straighten, and create a humidity-resistant barrier to prevent frizz. 
It contains Argan Oil and Rice Bran Oil, and also has Dimethicone as the second ingredient. Here's the entire ingredient panel: 
The product itself is a creamy balm that's pretty thick in consistency.  The packaging says to use a small amount, but since I have long hair, I used about the size of a quarter.  Because it's so thick, it doesn't spread as easily as a serum, but I tried to coat my hair as evenly as I could, keeping away from the roots so it didn't weigh my hair down.

I also added a little of the anti-frizz serum to the ends, since my hair is extra damaged from bleaching.
The Results: 
I love this balm!  It definitely cut down on drying time, and gave me a smooth silky blowout.  The next day, my hair was still frizz-free and in the summertime, that's pretty amazing.  
It didn't weigh my hair down at all, and left my hair with Garnier's signature fruity scent.   I will say that I'm glad I used the anti-frizz serum on the ends, because one thing this balm doesn't do is add a lot of moisture. ut fo I think that for someone who has normal, non-damaged hair, it would add enough conditioning, but for those of you who have split ends or lots of damage might need to add another product to help smooth and condition. 
  My hair is already pretty straight, with just a little bit of wave, so straightening my hair was a pretty simple task .  I'd love to hear from people with curly hair who have tried using this product to straighten.  How did it work?  Do you think it made straightening easier?  Also those of you with straight hair, would you buy this to cut down on blow-drying?


XO Jenna

3 comments

  1. I just bought this today! I went looking online for reviews before I tried it- just to see what other people thought. Now I'm really excited to try it! I'll let you know what I think- I have not really curly, but wavy hair that tends to frizz up easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started using this last week along with the shampoo and conditioner, and so far I like it, I think it does a good job at straightening and smoothing my hair. I would rather use this than deal with the hassle and smell of the Blow Dry Perfector kit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where can anyone buy this product? I have been unable to find it anywhere?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig