Garnier Fructis Silky Secret and Sleek and Shine Anti Frizz Serum Review

It's been 100 degrees the past few days in CT, so I went to Walgreens the other day in search of something that would control and smooth my hair in this ridiculous humidity.
Garnier Fructis came to mind, because I've seen the commercials that say it smooths your hair even in 97% humidity.  I figured, why not test it out during the worst heat wave we've had in a long time?


I couldn't decide between 2 new products: Silky Shine Leave-In Spray from the Daily Care line, and the Anti Frizz Serum from the Sleek and Shine line. 

I decided to try the Anti Frizz Serum first. This is the NEW version of this product, which replaces the old anti-frizz serum.  This one has argan oil added into the ingredients.
Just to preface, I have fine hair, so I don't like anything too heavy that will weigh down my hair.  BUT, my hair is also color treated (bleached) and very damaged, so I need super-conditioning without the weight.  So you see my dilemma....
This product is formulated with:
Argan Oil
Apricot Kernel Oil

Here's what the directions say:
The directions say to use one pump, but it was a bit too much, even for my long hair.  I had to wipe a bit off on a towel before using it.  I coated my towel-dried hair from the middle down to the ends, avoiding the scalp area to prevent greasies later.
When blowdrying with a round brush, I noticed that my hair was super smooth and straight.  This can also be used on dry hair, so I smoothed a little on afterward for extra measure. The argan and apricot kernel oils didn't weigh my hair down, yet it was shiny and frizz-free for the whole day.
The one thing I would say to be careful with when using this, is the amount you use.  It's a very thick serum and if you have fine hair, use it sparingly.  If I had used the whole pump like the directions said, it would have definitely made my hair greasy.

Yesterday, I tried the Silky Secret Leave-in spray.  

This is part of the Daily Care line for Normal Hair, so I was a little concerned that it wouldn't give enough moisture to my severely parched hair.  After getting out of the shower, I sprayed several pumps into my hair and combed through, using a round brush to blow it out straight.
I was totally amazed by this product.  It was so light, yet did an amazing job conditioning my hair!  I sprayed it pretty liberally, yet my hair didn't feel greasy or weighed down, just smooth and light.  
I would say that this product is the one I've been looking for that conditions deeply, yet is light enough for fine hair.
Today, I used it on dry hair.  I had my hair in a ponytail and it was getting kind of frizzy toward the end of the day (I hadn't used either product yet).  I sprayed some silky secret on my ponytail and combed through with my fingers. It soaked right in and smoothed out the hair instantly.  It also refreshed my hair and made it smell good (it has the Garnier fruity smell).

The thing I love about this product is that it doesn't smooth the hair by coating it like a silicone product would- it just sinks in and makes your hair feel soft and smooth.

Has anyone out there tried the new anti-frizz serum with argan oil?  Or Silky Secret?  What do you guys think?

6 comments

  1. These both sound so great! I'm dying to try the Silky Secret! As a fine-haired gal, I tend to favour sprays that melt into hair versus serums that coat the hair. They are very hard to find, so I'll definitely check this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the newly formulated anti-frizz serum and I LOVE the addition of the argan oil. I tried a sample of Moroccan Oil once and loved what it did for my hair, but it's not in my budget to purchase that stuff. This worked amazingly well, and like you said, it's really not greasy like a silicone product would be. My hair is medium thickness, not too fine and not too thick, and this is perfect for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn, I saw Silky Secret in the store the other day, and I was thisclose to buying it, but decided not to. Think I'll pick it up tomorrow- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was looking at these products at CVS. Garnier seems to have come out with a LOT of new products lately and reformulated the Sleek and Shine line with Argan Oil. (Would love to see you review the shampoo/conditioner)!
    I almost bought the Blow-Dry balm, and was looking for reviews on that, but came across your reviews of the other products. Looks promising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee, you're in luck! I just tested the Blow Dry Balm this morning! Review is coming tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try silky secret. I have fine hair and think this sounds like it would work for me. Currently I use the No More Tears detangling spray by Johnson and Johnsons, and I have since I was little. I didn't see it at my local CVS, so I wonder if only Walgreens has it right now?

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig