Revlon Colorstay Mineral Mousse Makeup Review

 I really like the idea of a mousse makeup- it just sounds like it would be light and airy, giving your skin a flawless, airbrushed glow. 
Well, that description is not far off from Revlon's Colorstay Mineral Mousse foundation.  I purchased this during a Buy 1 Get 1 Free at CVS last week, along with Revlon's Colorstay Concealer (a big disappointment I'll tell you about another day).  This however, was fabulous.  I will note that since I have dry skin, I have always used this foundation with a primer.  I chose shade Medium (pictured above).
The packaging says that this foundation will give your skin a soft matte glow.  It contains silk, as well as mother of pearl.  It comes out of the tube in a mousse-like consistency (hence the name), and it spreads very smoothly on the skin with a velvety soft finish.  I would say the coverage is medium. I cannot say enough how much I love this foundation!  I tend to stay away from anything with a matte finish, because of my dry skin, but this is matte, yet glowy at the same time, if that's possible.  It has no shimmer whatsoever, but by glowy, I mean airbrushed looking, not dry or cakey.  It diffuses flaws even better than the new PhotoReady line, in my opinion.  If you're thinking of trying it, check to see if your local CVS is having the BOGO sale!  Revlon has so many great products- Colorstay Eyeliner and Colorstay Eyeshadow quads are great buys! 
Some quick tips: 
If you have dry skin, or even just dry patches, you will need to use agood moisturizer and primer with this foundation. 
Since this is a Colorstay product, it dries very quickly, so you will need to blend it fast for best results.  
The first time I used it, it was a little separated coming out of the tube, so I had to shake it up a little first. 
Check out these video reviews for even more tips, tricks and opinions...

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig