Cover Girl Smoky Shadow Blast Review




One of my readers suggested I review Cover Girl's new Smoky Shadow Blast, and I admit, I've been dying for an excuse to try it.  Drew Barrymore's eyes look amazing in all the ads.  
I normally love Cover Girl products, and I really wanted to love this one.  But I can't.  
The idea is great in theory- to get a smoky eye with one double-ended product.  I chose Bronze Fire (pictured) because I figured I have so many grays/silvers/blacks, I just wanted something different. 


Here are the Pros: 
- Convenient
- Glides on smoothly
- Easy to Use
- Decent range of color combos


Now for the Con:
-Does not last...at all.  I applied it before work around 7:30 am- by 9:30 am, all that was left of my smoky eye was a faded base color up near my browbone, and the darker color had folded into a single dark line in the crease.  It barely looked like I had any eye makeup on at all, nevermind a smoky eye.  Even with eye shadow primer, it only lasted a little longer, but not much.


I really love Cover Girl, but I cannot say that I love this product, as much as I wish I could.  I hope they can revamp the formula and make it last longer.  That's my only complaint but unfortunately, it's a biggie. 
Here are a few great video reviews...

3 comments

  1. That confirms my suspicions. I always have that problem with cream shadows. You saved me $8.99...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure if it's just me, but I also find it clumps and burns the heck out of my eyes:( nice review

    ReplyDelete
  3. great videos to add the clarification and brief explanation.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig