Rimmel The Max Volume Flash Mascara Review

 I confess, I have never tried any of Rimmel's mascaras, but this one stuck out, because of it's uber-sexy hot pink tube. I mean, how eye catching is this packaging!! 


The package claims an increase of 14x the volume.  I typically like mascaras that lengthen, volumize and curl, like Diorshow, or Mark's Make It Big (see review below).  But, being a makeup junkie, I wanted to see what this one would do.  The package also says that this is their biggest brush ever.  Well, it's not big like the above mentioned mascaras, it's maybe slightly bigger than the average brush.  The one flaw with the brush is that the bristles are not very stiff, so it doesn't comb through the lashes well.  I use a lash comb after applying it, which separates and gives me the definition I want. 
I've read other reviews that say that The Max is a one-trick pony, that it doesn't lengthen at all.  I don't find this to be the case, because it definitely lengthened mine quite a bit. Granted, I don't have short lashes to begin with, but they are a medium length.  But anyway, true to it's packaging, this stuff adds loads of volume!  My fringe looked thick and lush, giving the illusion of falsies.  I added several coats and used a lash comb to get rid of any clumps and spidery-ness.  
The formula is shiny black and this stuff does not make your lashes crunchy, which is a major plus.
Another great thing about this is that it doesn't smudge, and it's not even waterproof!  I find that funny, because so many mascaras say "no smudging" right on the package, but by the end of the day, I have racoon eyes.  This one doesn't claim to be waterproof, or non-smudging, yet it stays on all day- go figure!
Overall, I really like it!  It gives a full, lush look, and while it doesn't "do it all" like other ones, the fact that it doesn't smudge makes it a great one to wear to work all day.  I'll save the others for nights out. 
It retails around $7 at drugstores. 

2 comments

  1. Not a fan of Rimmel but I might give this one a go. It's inexpensive so why not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hot pink tube is sexy, sexy!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig