Garnier Triple Nutrition Nutrient Spray Review

I haven't had the opportunity to try Garnier's Triple Nutrition Shampoo or Conditioner yet, but I did notice a new Triple Nutrition product when I was in CVS the other day, and decided that I had to try it!  It's called Triple Nutrition Nutrient Spray, comes in a spray bottle, and cost $6.  The thing that attracted me to it was that it has multi layers that you have to shake together to activate the product.  According to the description on the package, it's a mix of three "weightless oils"- 

Olive Oil- To nourish the inner core of the hair.
Avocado Oil- To nourish and soften the middle layer of the hair.
Shea Oil- To nourish and smooth the surface of the hair.

The bottle also says, "Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Nutrient Spray formula combines liquid shine with weightless nutritive oils for the ultimate dose of nutrition. With each spray, hair is instantly nourished, softer, shinier, and easier to manage."  It said that it can be used on either wet or dry hair.
The Dry Hair Test
So the first day I purchased it, I couldn't wait to try it, so I misted a little over my dry hair to see what happened. (FYI, the nozzle lets out just a very fine mist, which I really like, because it keeps you from going overboard with it.)  
First of all, it smells delicious, fresh and fruity. 
It also added quite a bit of shine right away. ( I had no other products in my hair at the time).  
The one thing I didn't like about it, was that an hour or so later, my hair looked kinda greasy.  In the product's defense, I do have somewhat fine hair, so maybe those of you with thicker hair won't have the same problem. 
 The Wet Hair Test.
The next morning, I decided to try it on wet hair.  I used shampoo, then conditioner, and towel dried my hair.  
I misted the product over my hair, using about 3-4 pumps total, then combed it through.  As I was blow-drying I noticed that the round brush I was using wasn't getting tangled like usual, and my hair felt super soft and manageable!  By the time I was finished blow-drying, any nervousness I had about my hair being greasy melted away.  It looked fantastic- it had body and a little shine (my hair is almost never shiny!)  It wasn't shampoo commercial glossy, but it was smooth and frizz free, and it felt amazingly soft!
So, for those of you with fine hair, I recommend using this product on wet hair only.  
Those of you with medium/thick hair, I'd love to hear your comments as to how this works on dry hair and if it makes it greasy or not!

13 comments

  1. I have medium-thick curly hair, and this spray didn't make my hair greasy. My hair soaked it right up and it added a lotta shine. Great product

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooo super excited to try this product! I checked my local Rite Aid, and they don't have it yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really thick curly hair and I find that I have to use this in conjunction with a leave-in conditioner and mousse. I do sort of like it, I'm just not sure yet whether this is doing anything for me since my hair is so thick and curly.

    I like the smell though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this product is AMAZING. i have thick, wavy hair. i straighten it most of the time, and this product works amazing on both wet and dry hair for me. great shine, my hair is so soft, softer than it's EVER been, 5/5 for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this product is really amazing,but I can't find it anymore .My bottle is almost empty and it feels that my highlited hair can't live without it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really super excited to try this! I already have the triple nutrition shampoo and conditioner. I have the sleek and shine deep conditioner. And the brilliant shine spray.(which i am almost out of) So i think i am going to replace my brilliant shine spray with this! Super excited! (I have thick hair)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought this product for the first time yesterday and used it to style my hair for work. I used quite a bit actually maybe even up to 20 sprays sporadically. (when damp, after blown dry, after straightening)....it did not make my hair greasy at all. better yet, my hair was smooth, soft, and shiny. i had sooo many compliments from co-workers yesterday saying my hair was really pretty. and after sleeping in with it..waking up this morning my hair is still not greasy but yet still soft and shiny! i love this product. it'll def be a regular for me. :)
    i have thick coarse hair, frizzy, dry damaged hair and this product worked well. i hope this does not just mask the problem but hopefully will nourish my hair and make it healthier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I originally bought this product on a whim. One of my friends suggested the line of shampoo and conditioner for my 5 year old daughter who has EXTREMELY brittle hair. Her has is very straw like to the point that her hair has never gotten longer than a "pixie" cut. I saw it and had originally wanted a type of leave in conditioner so I thought, why not.
    I tried it and the first time was not overly impressed because it made her baby fine hair greasy looking. Due to the price, which is kind of expensive for 4oz., I decided that I would give it a couple days. After the second day, it seemed a little less brittle because the hair was sucking it right up. We have been using it for about a week now and her hair is getting better every day. The greasy look is not a problem anymore.
    The only problem I have with the product, as mentioned before is the price. We pretty much saturate the hair with it and one bottle only lasts about a week and a half, even as short as her hair is. I am hoping this will help to make her hair grow but the problem then becomes that we will need even more! Hopefully after it is not a new product anymore it will not be as expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. another idea I just had spray on hair after you straighten it

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like that this worked great as a detangler. I have thick to normal hair. For me the shine wasn't thick enough (my favorite is Nexxus shine spray.. it is heavy though, but GLASS shine).
    I also like to use John Frieda nutrition spray
    http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/product_detail.asp?productLine=frizz_ease&pid=50

    good product though. i mix my shine spray with detangler for one step. You can do the same and reap the benefits of the Garnier spray. so make your own! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought this today! So far I really like it. I have been bleaching my hair a lot here recently Im working on goin almost white blonde from blue black and my hair is really damaged but not fried and feels almost like straw. I put it in after I straightend and now my hair is really soft and shinny. So as of one use I was able to tell a difference with my hair. I like it alot. well worth 4 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have very long very straight hair and this stuff has worked like a charm from the beginning, wet or dry. I do not wash my hair every day, but I do spray a little of this on before I do my daily comb-out and it has really helped with tangling and that dry brittle look really long hair gets sometimes. I would be heart broken if I could not find it anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  13. just bought the product today. because of all the nutrients I think it might just stimulate my HAIR GROWTH *_*

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig