Walgreens Haul + Swatches of the New Milani Highlighting Palettes

I've been stalking my local drugstores for new products the past couple of weeks and I haven't seen too many new products. Then I walked into Walgreens yesterday and boom! Tons of new Milani, plus a few Rimmel and Jordana products.

Everything was up on the top shelf, too high to get good photos of the displays so instead I decided to just post my haul and show you what I got!

Rimmel has three new eyeshadow palettes called Magnif'eyes Shadow ($7.99 each). I picked up two (the third one was heavy on dark, smoky shades) and will definitely be reviewing them in an upcoming post.

Milani has brand new Face and Eye Strobing Palettes $11.99, (three shades), Contour & Highlight Cream & Liquid Duos, Retouch & Erase Concealers $8.99, Make It Last Setting Spray, and Prime Light Strobing & Pore Minimizing Primer, $9.99.

I got two of the Strobing Palettes (the third one was way too dark for me), the Retouch & Erase Concealer in the shade Fair, and the Prime Light Primer. I'll definitely be reviewing everything in more detail but since I know you're probably all wondering about the Strobing Palettes so I wanted to post some close-ups and swatches for you...
milani highlighting strobing palettes
Milani Eye & Face Strobing Palettes in Sun Light and Candle Light
The two shades I picked up are Candle Light (top, cooler toned shades) and Sun Light (bottom, warmer toned shades). They have very clearly defined blush, bronzer, and highlight shades but I'm sure they could also be swirled together to create new shades. They feel super creamy to the touch (just like the Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer) and have a refined pearly glow (no chunky glitter or crazy shimmer). I love them both...the only shade I'm not crazy about is the orangey bronzer in the Sun Light Palette (love the peachy blush and gold highlight in that one though!) The cooler-toned Candle Light version is perfect for my skin tone!
milani highlight palette swatches
Also, my pal Heather (@hswerdy on Instagram) sent me some photos of new Milani and Jordana products she spotted at her local Walgreens. I didn't see these anywhere!

First up is the Milani Keep It Sweet Sugar Lip Scrub ($9.99). Based on the fact that this one is numbered 02, I'm guessing there's more than one flavor out there.
She also spotted new Jordana Cosmetics creamy contour and strobing sticks ($4.99). She said that this contour stick is in the shade Light (so there are a few different options) and the Strobing Stick is in the shade Pearl Glow.

What do you think of all the new products? Have you seen or tried any of these yet? What's on your list?

For more, please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

11 comments

  1. The highlight in the Starlight one looks super bright! I'd love to see this on you in a future post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm hoping to do a full-length review on these once the holidays are over and everything calms down. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm a little bummed that Rimmel changed the palettes so much when they brought them over to the US. I like the colors of the UK versions better. https://uk.rimmellondon.com/products/eyes/magnif%E2%80%99eyes-eye-contouring-palette

    Ours look like copies of the Urban Decay palettes - do they seem that way to you too? I especially liked what they had done with the UK version of the smoky palette because I thought it was an interesting take on a smoky eye.

    Will definitely be stalking Walgreens to see these. But also think I may have to find some place online to order the UK versions. #makeupaddictproblems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow I didn't realize they were different over there! To me, they definitely seem along the lines of the Naked palettes although they're not exact dupes.

      Delete
  3. I'm curious about those eyeshadow palettes! And I'm curious as to what they're trying to dupe...I dunno if it's another naked dupe-ish palette or not. Those highlighters look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to review the palettes soon! They do seem along the lines of the Naked palettes...I'm kind of over it at this point. I would love to see some Anastasia dupes, like an affordable Modern Renaissance. Now that would be awesome!

      Delete
  4. Ten dollars for a Milani lip scrub? Geez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a little steep, but hopefully will go on sale now and then. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm not to found for the Blush color I'm the Candlelight trio, but I'm having all kinds of feels in for the Sunlight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...I think the blush in the Sun Light one is my favorite! :)

      Delete
  6. Those strobing palettes...!!!!! I would TOTALLY use those as blush! None of the Walgreens close to me sell Milani though...so CVS, I'm looking at you!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig