Tarte Maneater Palette Review & Swatches

The Tarte Maneater Palette ($29) recently launched at Ulta.com and is part of a new collection that also includes the Maneater Mascara ($23), and Maneater Self-Sharpening liner ($20). The warm neutral shades really spoke to me, plus it includes a highlight shade so I decided to take the plunge and try it out! Let's take a closer look...

Description:
Unleash your inner feline with this longwearing eyeshadow palette featuring seven richly pigmented shades in a mix of matte and micro-metallic lusters. Powered by Tarte's iconic Amazonian clay, each shadow is easy to blend, non-chalky, and has great payoff without creasing into fine lines. There's an array of liner, lid and crease-defining shades in sexy neutrals and a pearlescent eye and cheek highlighter to awaken the inner corner of your eyes and add a subtle strobe to the brow and cheek bones.

Where to Buy: Exclusively at Ulta

Made in U.S.A.
Packaging: 
The Maneater Palette comes in a cardboard compact with leopard print on the outside and a magnetic closure. It's not a very large palette and fits in the palm of your hand, but it is a little bit larger than the Tarteist Pro To Go palette that came out a few weeks ago.

Inside, there's a full-size mirror, seven eyeshadows and one highlighter.
Shade Selection:
The shades are all warm-toned neutrals in matte, satin, and shimmer finishes. Even though it only contains seven shades (eight if you use the highlighter as an eyeshadow), you can create a complete look with this palette. They've given a few different browbone shades, lid shades, crease shades, and Purr makes a fantastic transition color.
Formula: 
The formula seems to be the same as the Tarteist Pro and Pro to Go palettes that came out recently. The powder has a pretty strong (delicious) vanilla scent and they feel very soft and buttery. Pigmentation is excellent overall and they blend well on the eyes for the most part. My one complaint is with the two dark brown matte shades Saucy and and Midnight...you'll see below that they swatched kind of patchy and felt a little more powdery and dry than the other shades, making them a little harder to blend. The majority of the shades are gorgeous, however. I especially love Purr (matte), Hypnotic (satin) and Foxy (shimmer).
When I first saw the Maneater Palette I thought it reminded me of the Tartelette in Bloom palette so I wanted to compare the two to see if there are any dupes. I swatched several different shades next to each other but there are no exact dupes other than the two white shades in both palettes. Here they are side-by-side:

I also decided to compare the Maneater to the Tarteist Pro Palette and I didn't find any exact dupes between them (the white shades are different even though they look the same in the pan).
Final Thoughts: 
If you warm-toned neutrals, I think you'll really love the Maneater Palette! The pigmentation is there and the shade selection is really on-point. I always tend to reach for richer, warmer shades in the wintertime so I have a feeling I'll be reaching for this one a lot the next few months.

Available now exclusively at Ulta.

For more, please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

2 comments

  1. I have so many warm toned palettes but this is really calling to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your review
    Tarte has so many interest palettes and i need to pick only one. I found this is helpful :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig