L'Oreal Infallible Lip Paints Review & Swatches


I spotted the new L'Oreal Infallible Lip Paints at CVS a few days ago after seeing them launch at Ulta.com last weekend. They're pretty expensive for a drugstore lip product ($10.49 at CVS and $9.99 at Ulta) but hopefully between sales, coupons, and Extra Bucks you'll be able to grab them for less. 

They definitely had me scratching my head at first trying to figure out what the formula would be like. Are they shiny or matte? Long-wearing or like a lip gloss? 

Let's take a look! 


There are fourteen shades in all, some of which are bold and interesting such as teal, navy, brown, and bright purple. I went the "basic" route with two not-so-bold neutrals. I figured at that price, I should probably get something I know I'm going to wear!

They come packaged in squeeze tubes kind of like the Maybelline Color Jolts and Too Faced Melted lipsticks so I was expecting the same type of attached sponge applicator when I opened the cap. Turns out, it's a doe-foot applicator with a sharper flat section at the tip to help you create a clean edge around your lip line.

I much prefer this type of applicator to the other kind! It holds a good amount of color...plenty to cover your lips completely so I didn't have to dip the wand back into the tube at all during application.

The formula is a full-coverage liquid lipstick with a shiny finish (or you can blot it with a tissue to make it matte). It feels more hydrating than the Maybelline Color Jolts and Too Faced Melted Lipsticks...it's almost balm-like. My lips felt hydrated the full five hours or so it stayed on my lips and I didn't find that it migrated outside my lip line.

It's not transfer-proof however...I noticed lipstick on my cups and water bottles. Also, it does have that signature L'Oreal scent that's sort of fruity and perfumey at the same time. Thankfully it's not as strong as it usually is (it tends to make me feel sick when it's too heavy) and I didn't even notice it after a couple of minutes.

Here they are next to the Maybelline Color Jolts. The L'Oreal tubes are larger (they hold .27 oz while the Maybelline are .21 oz). I wanted to compare the shades in case there were any dupes, so I chose the two Color Jolt colors that looked the closest...Never Bare and Stripped Down.

You can see from the swatches that the L'Oreal Lip Paints are a bit shinier than the Color Jolts and the colors are similar...but not dupes.

Here I am wearing Spicy Blush on the left and Nude Star on the right. I really like both shades, especially Spicy Blush! 

Overall, I like the new L'Oreal Infallible Lip Paints! They feel so nice on the lips and have great coverage (at least the shades I tried). I also love the applicator. The only thing I'm not crazy about is that they do transfer but thankfully they're thick enough that they don't migrate outside the lip line during normal wear.

Have you tried these yet? Grab yours now at Ulta.com.

Please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

12 comments

  1. MUST GET SPICY BLUSH !!!
    Marina D

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound so good!! Love Spicy Blush on you <3 Are they like old Loreal Colour Riche Extraordinairy Liquid Lipsticks? I really hope they are, because of they are my fave Loreal product ever (but impossible to find anymore at least here on Europe :( These old ones are like the most comfortable non sticky lip glosses ever and remaind me (with less pigment though) from Nars Velvet Lip Glides, which I also love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're just like the Extraordinary Liquid Lipsticks! :) We still have them here but they're getting harder and harder to find. I love those too...they feel so comfortable yet non-sticky, just like these.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Yes, they go on really opaque and not streaky! I can't say whether the darker shades are the same but we'll see! For some reason deeper shades (especially blues) tend to be that way. I hope these aren't!

      Delete
  4. that looks so pretty on you! hoping they'll sell it here quick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! :) I hope you get them soon too!

      Delete
  5. wow amazing blog . it looks like a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Harmon's sells them for $7.99.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the thoughtful, comprehensive, picture heavy review! I totally appreciate it, and you've talked me into getting Spicy Blush! lol 😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never read a beauty product review here before on your blog. I thought your review was comprehensive; professional, honest, yet humble. I appreciated the picture, it provided an excellent opportunity to see the L'Oréal Infallible Paint on. The Nude Star did look fantastic on you, and now I'm headed out to purchase one for myself. Thank you and I will be back to your blog in the future.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig