J. Cat Beauty White Goddess Highlighter is Pale Girl Approved

There are so many highlighters on the market these days and I don't even want to admit how many I've added to my collection in the past year or so. But as we head into winter and I've stopped self-tanning, my skin has taken on a new shade of pale....and some of my summer highlighters just aren't going to cut it. I've been looking for a lighter highlight that will show up on fair skin tones, but have been resisting the urge to shell out the $38 for Becca's Pearl highlighter. That's when I found J. Cat You Glow Girl Baked Highlighter in White Goddess ($9.00). It looked light enough on the website, but did it work for me?

Let's take a look...



You Glow Girl comes in a sturdy round plastic compact with a clear lid so you can see the product inside. There's no mirror, but I'm totally fine with that, as I rarely use mirrors in smaller compacts anyway. I actually prefer being able to see the product at a glance.

It comes in three shades...White Goddess, Twilight, and Pink Goddess.
The baked powder inside has a pretty pattern stamped into it ( and the other two shades on the J. Cat Website have different patterns). 

Even though the shade is called White Goddess, it's not actually white...it goes on as a gorgeous golden cream shade which I totally prefer to white for everyday, because I feel like pure white would look too dramatic. I love the look of gold highlighters but most are too dark for me, so I love that this has that golden sheen while still being light enough for my skin tone. 

Also, it is seriously intense! It's hard to truly capture how beautiful this is in photos but it's highly pigmented and very finely milled with no chunky glitter. When you swipe it across your cheeks it shows up instantly, you don't have to build it up at all and it gives tons of glow with hardly any effort. 

It's also a beautiful shade to wear in the inner corners of your eyes...I wore it like that the other day and it made my eyes look so much more awake. 

I wanted to compare it to a couple of the "lighter" highlights I already own so you can see how it compares. As it turns out,  The Balm's Mary Lou-Manizer is quite a bit darker and more golden, while Lorac's Light Source Highlighter in Starlight is slightly more peach-toned.


Overall, if you have really fair skin and have been frustrated by highlighters that are too dark and don't show up on your skin, give White Goddess a try (and for medium to deep skin tones they also have more shades)! The formula is amazing and rivals higher-end highlighters in terms of color payoff, blendability and glow factor.

Pale girl approved!

Grab yours now at Ulta.com

Please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

4 comments

  1. I need this in my life, no joke! I'm not sure where J. Cat is sold in stores, though. I only want to buy this one item.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried Essence? There's a youtuber (Thataylaa) who swears by their snowflake eyeshadow as a highlight. I grabbed it and it's the only thing I use now as highlighter! Everything else ends up looking like shiny blush/bronzer on my skin. and it's maybe $3???

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous! I need to track it down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They now sell this on Forever 21's website for $8.29! Just bought for a friend of mine as a Christmas gift! Thanks for the helpful review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig