bh Cosmetics Marble Collection Warm Stone Palette Review


bh cosmetics marble palette warm stone review
As soon as I saw the new bh Cosmetics Marble Collection palette in Warm Stone ($12) on Instagram a few weeks ago, I knew I had to have it. I loved the selection of warm neutrals and the marble packaging is right on trend. I really love that about bh Cosmetics and I wish more affordable brands would follow suit!



The Marble Collection consists of two different palettes...Warm Stone (warm-toned browns, orange, taupe and rosy shades) and Cool Stone (cool-toned charcoal, navy, hot pink, and brown shades).
bh cosmetics marble palette warm stone


I was really surprised by the packaging! Most of the bh palettes I have are the cardboard variety, and I couldn't tell by the photos online what this one was made out of. It's actually a really sturdy plastic compact that has a really secure latch that . It's the exact same size and shape as the Tarte Tartelette and Tartelette in Bloom palettes...the only difference is that the Tarte palettes feel a little bit heavier than this one.
bh cosmetics marble collection review
Inside, there's a really large, high-quality mirror and the palette itself sits up straight on its hinge, so you can definitely put this on a desk or your vanity and use the mirror to do your makeup if you wanted to. Overall, I'm really impressed by the packaging...they did a great job with it.

bh cosmetics warm stone palette
Inside, there are twelve shades...six mattes, three shimmers, and three frosty shades that give almost a duochrome effect in certain lig (ivory & peach in the top row and light pink on the bottom row). The way the palette is laid out, you could complete a look with each individual row if you wanted to...or you can mix and match. But I do like having the option of going across one row for a look in case I don't feel like thinking about it that day.
bh cosmetics marble warm stone palette
The formula here varies between the finishes like most palettes do. The mattes feel very soft and buttery to the touch, but do kick up a bit of powder when you dip a brush or your finger into the pan. The three frosty shades feel slightly grittier to the touch compared to the three shimmer shades which feel soft and almost creamy. All of the shades are nicely pigmented and I had no trouble applying them to my eyes with a brush or with blending...even when I'm not wearing primer I find that these go on nicely and show up without a lot of effort. Granted, I'm not a makeup artist and I tend to create pretty simple looks, so you might have a different experience than I did if you're trying to do more complicated looks.

Here are the swatches row by row...they are not over primer and I swiped each shade twice, mainly to make the swatches larger (you wouldn't need to use as much shadow on your eyes since they're a much smaller area).
bh cosmetics marble collection swatches
Top Row
bh cosmetics warm stone swatches
Middle Row
bh cosmetics marble palette swatches
Bottom Row
Overall, I really like the Warm Stone palette and feel that it's another solid offering from bh Cosmetics. From the packaging, to the shade selection to the nicely pigmented shades, I think it's definitely worth the $12.

Grab yours now at bhCosmetics.com

Please follow my new blog www.beauddiction.com

13 comments

  1. Wow that looks really nice and more expensive especially with the large mirror. Im nor good with color combinations so this is ideal for me. I will have to put it in my cart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was definitely impressed with the packaging...so much like the Tartelette palettes! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my.... the shades in this palette looks so pretty!! I love the packaging too

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty fall palette...love! :)

      Delete
  3. What?? Only 12 dollars? Such beautiful colors too. I'm definitely picking this up! Thank you for your review. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! It's definitely a steal. :)

      Delete
  4. Your great review and swatches have convinced me to give BH eye shadow palettes another try, so I ordered the warm and the cool palettes. For the price, it's worth a shot even if it's made in China. -- Christina D.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Christina! I hope you like them this time around and they work for you! :)

      Delete
  5. wow I'm really impressed with this, I think I have to get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great palette, especially for the price! :)

      Delete
  6. This looks so pretty. I agree that the packaging is very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog post was so helpful to me to decide if buy this little and awesome palette, thank you so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig