Favorite Lip Products of 2015

2015 is almost over, so I wanted to look back on some the products I discovered this year that ended up becoming favorites. Since there are so many, I'm breaking it up into different categories and today, I'm kicking it off with my favorite lip products! Let's take a look...

This year, I discovered two matte lip products that my dry lips can actually wear...Revlon's Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor and L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Gloss.  I've read some reviews on these where people said that these aren't truly matte because they don't dry down all the way, but I have a little trick to give them that matte look. I blot them with some tissue to take the top layer off...it takes away any shine and also lessens the amount they transfer. 


The Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stains have been around a while, but I just discovered these cheap thrills this year so I wanted to include them in this post. These are about $3 at Walgreens and feel so hydrating. They also leave a nice stain behind, making them longer lasting than other similar balm crayons I've tried!


For those no-makeup days, I'm crazy about IT Cosmetics Vitality Lip Flush 4-in-1 Lipstick Stain in Je Ne Sais Quoi. It's a lipstick, lip stain, lip gloss, and lip balm in one. This shade goes on clear and then transforms into a really pretty, natural my-lips-but-better pink flush. It's also super hydrating and makes my lips feel soft and super smooth. 


Another favorite of mine when I just want a hint of color is Pixi's Shea Butter Lip Balm. While it's not a new product, I discovered it at Target this year and fell in love with the beautiful shades and lightweight, non waxy texture. These are easily my favorite tinted balms. 


My Favorite lip gloss this year had to be Lorac's Alter Ego lip gloss. I found mine at Kohls and was blown away by the pigmentation. These are full coverage glosses with tons of shine...love, love, love! Plus, the shade Goddess that I reviewed is the most gorgeous mauve-y purple ever. 


This year, I also found two amazing lipstick formulas...on the higher-end is Buxom's Big & Sexy Bold Gel Lipstick which is a super creamy and comfortable formula that lays down tons of pigment in one swipe. Not to mention the packaging is totally badass. 
On the bargain side, Hard Candy's Plumping Serum Gel Lipsticks are just as pigmented and creamy at a fraction of the price. They have a lip balm-like hydration level and leave behind a stain that lasts for hours. 


Last but not least, I fell in love with Colourpop's Sheer Lippie Stix this year. My normal makeup look as a stay-at-home Mom is pretty casual and these beautiful shades fit right in to my lifestyle. They offer a pop of color that's more than a tinted balm but less than a full-on lipstick so I could still feel pulled together and "finished" without feeling too made up. 


So those were my favorite lip products of 2015! I'm looking forward to new discoveries in the coming year. What are your favorite lip products? 

11 comments

  1. Great picks! I've loved the Kiko lipsticks, the new Maybelline liquid lips, and Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks to name a few

    www.makeupmusicbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Kiko lipsticks too! I've never tried Charlotte Tilbury but I definitely need to. :)

      Delete
  2. My favorite new (to me) lipsticks of 2015 have been e.l.f. Matte Lip Color; Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipsticks, Ofra Long Lasting Liquid Lipsticks, Nyx Liquid Suede Creams, Urban Decay Sheer Revolution (especially Sheer Rapture), Lip Bar Signature Cocktails, MAC Von Teese, Too Faced La Creme in Unicorn Tears, CoverGirl Star Wars collection, and ColourPop Ultra Matte in Dr. M. (I found the quality of the Ultra Mattes to be all over the place, so I can't call them favorites as a group).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG how did I forget about the Urban Decay Sheer Revolution?! Rapture was my #1 fave of those too. The formula is amazing...I need to add those to my post. That's a great list, thanks for sharing! :)

      Delete
  3. The Jordana Twist & Shine Balm Stains are my favourite too!!! They are so hydrating and so easy to use, they are the only lip products I use without a mirror! Cranberry Crush is my favourite colour!
    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! They're my favorite lip crayon ever. :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome products! I still have't tried those two matte glosses but I really want to! Couldn't agree with you more, ColourPop kills it with their lip products!

    prettyneutral.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! :) So many great lip products this year!

      Delete
  5. Yessss, Jordana Twist & Shine! Love them, and loving your end of year summaries. I want to try the L'oreal Le Gloss matte soon, and am keeping my eye out for deals on the It Cosmetics je ne sais quoi. (Kicking myself for missing out on that holiday deal that had that one plus Bye Bye Under Eye and a few other full size things, argh.) Here's to more great products and great deals in 2016! 🎉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Can't wait to see what 2016 brings! :)

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig