Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara Review

Last week while I was at Rite Aid, I spotted the Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara and since I'm a total mascara junkie, I bought one to review! It was marked at $9.99 but I realized later when I looked at my receipt that it rang up ay $6 and change. I don't remember seeing any sale signs, so I'm not sure what the promotion was, whether it was just on sale or if you had to use your Rite Aid discount card. But anyway, I've had really good luck with Revlon mascaras in the past, so let's see how this one worked out...
Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara Review
Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara

Revlon Ultimate All-In-One Mascara claims to deliver 5 benefits in 1: Volume, Length, Definition, Lift and Rich Intense Color.
Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara Review

The tube itself is an interesting shape...it's a flat oval and the bottom of the tube is a matte black plastic while the top cap is a glossy red. I find that even though it's larger than a rounded tube, it's easy to hold and intuitive to use.
Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara Review

The brush was the biggest surprise when I pulled it out for the first time. I kinda went, "huh?". It's tiiiny like a brush that's designed for bottom lashes. Revlon calls it a "power mini brush" and claims that it's oval shaped design makes for easy application, while the hollow core deposits the formula for "mega lash impact".
I figured I was going to have a really hard time getting length and volume out of this with a tiny brush, and assumed that it was going to take longer because I can't reach as many lashes in one pass. On the contrary, I actually liked using a smaller brush because I was able to get right into my lash line and I felt like I had more control over it. I also didn't get mascara all over my eyelids, which always happens to me when I'm using a larger brush (but I'm clumsy and tend to rush through application).
Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara Review

To give you an idea of the actual size of this brush, here it is next to Maybelline's Push Up Drama brush, which is an average-sized brush. It's about half the size!
Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara Review
Okay, so here are my before and afters. I have decent lashes to begin with...I'd say they're pretty average, they're not short but they aren't long either. They have a slight natural curl, instead of being completely straight.
Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara Review
Before using Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara
I have to say, I was pretty wowed when I compared one eye to the other!
Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara Review
After using Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara on one eye.

I applied several coats (3 or 4) and wiggled the brush at the base of my lashes before combing through. I forgot to mention above that this brush is the plastic kind but the spikes on it aren't too long so it doesn't feel scratchy when I'm using it. The thing I love about plastic brushes is that you can get good separation with them and they make it easy to comb out clumps.
This formula is very, very wet, but surprisingly it didn't create a ton of clumps even after multiple coats. I would say that this formula checks off all the boxes when it comes to the claims...it definitely gave me length, volume, definition, lift and a rich inky black color.
Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara Review
After using Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara on both eyes.
Thankfully, this formula didn't give me raccoon eyes (which is a total deal-breaker for me when it comes to mascara) but I did notice a few flakes throughout the day. It wasn't enough to be bothered by it. I think this formula is the kind that creates little tubes around your lashes, so that might be why it doesn't smudge.
After using Revlon Ultimate All-in-One Mascara
Overall, I'm really happy with Revlon's Ultimate All-in-One Mascara. I was obsessed with Cover Girl's Super Sizer all summer but I recently had to get rid of that tube since it was over 3 months old...and I'm thinking that this one will be the perfect replacement for the fall season. Of course, I still love the Super Sizer, but a girl's gotta change it up once in a while, know what I mean? :) 
Have you seen this in stores yet? Tried it? 

5 comments

  1. I just got this today and am very excited to try it out!

    makeupmusicbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting a brush comparison. I read on another blog that this brush is 1/4 the size of a regular brush, bahaha. Not quite.
    Your before and afters are great, think I need to try this now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that too and wondered how that could be? It would be miniature, lol. Wish more bloggers would take the time to do simple comparisons to other products. It really helps us to get a sense of the size, texture, color etc of a product. So thank you, Jen. I love your blog!

      Delete
  3. Looks like it worked really well on you. I'm super picky with my mascaras but I might give this one a try. I love how black it is! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have beautiful lashes to begin with!! The mascara looks fab! Thanks for the review ... I bought it today and like it a lot, but a llittle disappointed that the entire Grow Luscious is now discontinued.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig