New Maybelline Products on the Ulta Website

I was just browsing the Ulta website today and found some brand new Maybelline products that I haven't seen out in the stores yet! So far, they've added a lip gloss palette (which I've seen people posting about on Instagram the past few days) and two new palettes that contain eyeshadows, face products and a lip product all in one. Let's take a look! 

Maybelline Gilded in Gold and Up In Smoke ($14.99 each at Ulta.com) contain everything you need to do your holiday makeup. Gilded in Gold contains warm bronze tones while Up In Smoke has cooler smoky shades.Both palettes contain four eyeshadows, blush and highlighter, but it looks like one difference between them is that the Gilded in Gold palette has an eyeliner and one lip product while the Up In Smoke palette appears to have two lip products in it. 

The palettes appear to have a generously sized mirror as well as a small blush brush and dual sponge-tipped applicator. The outside of the palettes is something different from what we've seen from Maybelline in the past...it's very simple and elegant! 
maybelline gilded in gold and up in smoke palette
Maybelline Gilded in Gold and Up In Smoke Palettes

The Maybelline Lip Gloss Palette ($11.99 at Ulta.com) contains 8 shades from nudes to pinks to deeper reds as well as a lip brush. I used to own so many lip palettes when I was in my teens but then they seemed to lose popularity for a while. In all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of lip palettes anymore...eyeshadow palettes, yes! Lip palettes, not so much...they just seem inconvenient, I guess. That might sound crazy considering I buy eyeshadow palettes because they are so convenient. But in the case of lip products, I tend to apply them at the last minute either when I'm leaving the house or when I get to a destination so that they look fresh, so I keep the ones I use most often in my bag and swap them out every now and then. I don't see myself keeping an entire lip palette in my bag, despite the fact that it has so many colors in one. There's also something about them that seems...messy. I don't know, maybe I'm weird but I remember lipstick getting all over the inside of my older palettes and it was kind of gross and not the most hygienic thing in the world. So what I'm trying to say is I probably won't be picking this up, but it's completely a preference thing, since I really like Maybelline's lip products! 
maybelline lip gloss palette
Maybelline Lip Gloss Palette
What do you think? Do any of these look interesting to you? Have you seen these in Ulta stores or in any of the drugstores yet?

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig