Friday Faves- Mascara Edition

I'm doing a new series here on the blog called Friday Faves, because I get a lot of requests from you guys asking what my favorites are. I thought it would be fun to talk about my current can't-live-without products at different price points, so I've got you covered no matter what your budget is.

Each Friday, I'll choose one higher-end product and one drugstore product that I've been loving recently and each week will have a different theme, such as blushes, eyeshadows, hand cream, nail polish, etc. This week, I wanted to talk about mascara and the two that I currently reach for every day without fail...Benefit's Roller Lash and Covergirl's The Super Sizer. 

Benefit Roller Lash ($24 at Sephora)- This one blew me away the first time I used it! The brush has tiny hooks that catch, lift and curl your lashes and it gives me long, feathery lashes with loads of curl. Plus, it feels really lightweight on my lashes and keeps them soft so they don't droop halfway through the day. Also, a huge requirement for me in a mascara is that it doesn't smudge under my eyes, and this one doesn't! As much as I love Benefit's They're Real mascara, it gives me terrible racoon eyes which really bums me out. 
You can see my full review here, but here's a photo of me wearing Roller Lash- I mean, just look at that curl!


Covergirl The Super Sizer ($5.99 at Target) was one that I really had to get used to. When I first posted my review, I talked about how it gave me a great false lash look, but my one gripe was how clumpy and wet it was...the way the brush is designed, it just deposits a ton of product onto your lashes. But after several uses, it dried out a little bit and then I started to love it. First of all, Covergirl recommends rolling and combing this up through your lashes rather than wiggling back and forth and I got the best results doing it that way. I kept forgetting to do that at first because it's ingrained in me to wiggle the brush! 
After it dried out a little bit, I had much less issues with clumping and was able to build up multiple coats with no problems to get a false lash look. This also makes your lashes look super black and bonus...it doesn't give me raccoon eyes (just a couple of flakes here and there at the end of the night). 
Here are my results from my full review back in April...

I use one of these every single day. Today I'm wearing Roller Lash, yesterday it was The Super Sizer. I love them both so I just grab whatever one I happen to see first while I'm doing my makeup.

So tell me...what would you like to see next week for Friday Faves? I'll definitely use the suggestions from here as well as the ones I get on social media going forward so drop me a comment! :)


5 comments

  1. I've heard lots of people compare the two and I definitely agree that they are similar!

    makeupmusicbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love super sizer mascara! That's a good note that it's a bit better after it dries out :) Thanks for the opinion on the roller lash. I have always wanted to try it but didn't know if it was worth it. I need a mascara that keeps my lashes curled, or they fall straight blah! I definitely am going to try it, thanks! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this new edition. I like to see more skincare faves, pls. I feel like most beauty cover so much makeup related and it does get repetitive but no one talk enough about skincare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. favorite highlighter, favorite red lipstick, favorite drugstore hair products, favorite matte eyeshadow palette, favorite contour palette/stick/tool, favorite anything! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to see a high end and drugstore foundation or luminizer recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig