Savannah Bee Company Southern Flavors Natural Beeswax Balm Review

The Savannah Bee Company's Natural Beeswax Lip Balms ($6.50 each) now come in delicious & refreshing Southern-inspired flavors that are so perfect on a hot summer day! Plus, a review of their Honey Body Lotion.
I was first introduced to the Savannah Bee Company on a trip to Charleston, SC a few years ago. It was a beautiful shop right on King St. in the heart of the city, and we wandered in after seeing the beautiful displays of gourmet honey through the windows. But as my husband and in-laws checked out the selection of edible goods, I wandered over to the beauty section (of course!) and discovered some wonderful products that are made right here in the USA with natural ingredients. 


So needless to say, I was really excited when I was contacted by the Savannah Bee Company to try out a few of their new Southern Flavors lip balms. I had purchased a few of their Natural Beeswax Lip Balms in Charleston so I already knew that the formula was fabulous. They go on so super smooth and feel really silky with no stickiness. It melts on contact with your lips and feels very lightweight, yet intensely moisturizing at the same time. If I use it in the winter, my lips don't get chapped at all!

They contain a blend of beeswax, shea butter, coconut oil, cocoa seed butter, propolis extract, sweet almond oil, apricot kernel oil, grape seed oil, hemp seed oil, honey extract and royal jelly extract...just an incredible list of ingredients, most of which are organic (full ingredient details on their website).

They come in seven flavors I believe, including Earl Gray, Wild Blackberry and Mint Julep to name a few. But they recently released a Southern Flavors collection, with three new flavors...Sweet Tea, Key Lime, and Peach. You can purchase them for $6.50 each or get all three Southern flavors for $9.75 which is a much better deal!


savannah bee lip balm review

Here's the funny part...in real life, I'm not a fan of any of those things.  I don't like tea...at all, in any form whether it's hot, cold or sweet. I also don't usually like anything lime or peach flavored. But if you ask my husband...these are probably his absolute favorite things. He might just have sweet tea running through his veins since he drinks so much of it, and Key Lime and Peach pies are his favorite desserts on the planet. I'm more of a chocolate/vanilla/caramel/coconut person, but I have to say, these balms smell amazing. They're really refreshing and the perfect alternative to minty scented products, which I try to avoid whenever possible. Plus, they all smell exactly like the real thing...not a synthetic version of it. 

Peach smells exactly like a ripe juicy peach with the perfect balance of sweetness. 
Key Lime reminds me of a tall glass of limeade...super refreshing and citrusy with a hint of sugar.
Sweet Tea has a very subtle earthy tea scent with a hint of lemon sugar.

savannah bee lip balm review

In addition to the lip balms, the Savannah Bee Company also were nice enough to send me their Honey Body Lotion ($12) in the Tupelo Honey scent. It also comes in Wild Blackberry, Lemongrass Spearmint, Orange Blossom, but as a lover of sweet scents, I think the Tupelo Honey is perfect for me! There is also an Unscented version if you're sensitive.

The Tupelo Honey fragrance smells different to me than their Tupelo Honey lip balm which I actually wasn't too keen on. It wasn't that it smelled bad, but I bought it hoping for a sweet, honey-like scent and it was more floral to my nose. I prefer sweeter scents on my lips so it just wasn't for me.

This lotion, on the other hand, has the sweet scent of honey but also remains fresh at the same time. It's hard for me to put my finger on what is blended in with the honey...maybe berries and lemon? Again, not in a sticky-sweet, teen perfume sort of way...it's more grown up. It's not at all cloying or sticky, and it's subtle. I really enjoy it, it's not like anything I've ever owned.
savannah bee tupelo honey body lotion review
Like the lip balms, this body lotion is packed full of good-for-you, natural ingredients (I've included a shot of the label below). It's free of parabens and petroleum-derived ingredients and is not tested on animals. It's also not your average watery lotion...it's a thicker consistency that takes a minute to sink in but once it does, you're not left with a greasy feel at all, just soft hydrated skin.
savannah Bee honey body lotion review



Overall, I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to try more products from the Savannah Bee Company. I always love using all natural products when I can and the formulas in these products are top-notch. 
Have you tried anything from the Savannah Bee Company? I'd love to hear about it! 

You can purchase these products at any of their store locations or at Savannahbee.com (they also ship to Canada). 

**Disclosure- I received the products featured in this review from the Savannah Bee Company free of charge. All opinions are my own and I was not paid to write this review.**

2 comments

  1. These look delicious and seem to have a lot more beneficial ingredients than Burt's. How do they compare for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you just say that your lips don't get chapped if you use these in the winter? If so, these are a must try for me!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig