My Vacation Makeup Bag

I meant to do this post before I left on vacation, but I got too wrapped up with packing and it totally slipped my mind.  But I still wanted to post it because these are my must-have can't-leave-home-without-it products and this is an opportunity to share them all with you in one place. So let's take a look....

The largest item I brought is my Urban Decay Naked Palette, and although it takes up the most room, there's a shade combo in here for practically every outfit, so in a way, it saves room because it's so versatile.  Also, no Naked Palette would be complete without the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Enigma. 
Also for eyes, I brought along a Mally Beauty Evercolor Shadow Stick in Taupe. This is a universally flattering shade and this is a totally bulletproof (as Mally likes to call it) cream shadow that doesn't budge or crease. It was perfect to swipe on quickly during the day so that I could look put together without a lot of effort, plus it stood up to the summer heat. 
I also packed my Tarte Skinny SmolderEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof eyeliner in Bronze Agate. This also has excellent staying power when you're out in the heat all day and this color is a lighter, more vacation friendly option than black or gray. It goes with everything.
Finally for eyes I brought a travel sized They're Real! mascara by Benefit. This is one of my favorites and I like that you can buy it in a mini version for $12. 

For my skin, I recently purchased a mini version of Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment Primer after reading great reviews online. I'm super impressed with it...it has medium coverage like a foundation, which is crazy for a tinted primer! I will most likely buy the full size of this one because you can layer it under another foundation for more coverage or use it alone!
I also brought two of my holy grail face products with me...IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ in a cute travel size and IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer. Using these two products together gives me a totally flawless complexion that also stands up to humidity and lasts all day without melting off my face or creasing. 
I also couldn't forget one of my favorite highlighters...Benefit Watts Up! I have a really cute mini size that was perfect for travel. 
I brought three blushes with me...a powder and two creams, and all three are very long-wearing. I wasn't sure what the weather was going to be like or how each type would hold up so I brought both. My powder option was City Color Be Matte Blush in BlackBerry and for the creams I brought Colourpop Prenup and Between The Sheets (not pictured). 
For my brows, I decided to bring a 2-in-1 product I've been using a lot lately...Pixi Natural Brow Duo. It has an angled pencil on one end and tinted brow gel on the other, so it makes doing my brows super easy and quick.
Finally, for lips I brought my Nuxe Honey Lip Balm..I wear it to bed every night and the matte finish makes it the perfect balm to wear under lip products!
I also brought my IT Cosmetics CC+ Lip Serum in Live because it's the perfect YLBB shade and this gloss packs a major punch when it comes to hydration and anti-aging ingredients. I decided to leave my lipsticks at home and go for an easy and simple approach to my lips. It is vacation, after all!

So there it is! My ultimate vacation makeup bag! What products can you not leave home without? 

4 comments

  1. I love travel bag posts. Yours is so streamlined. Well done.

    I bought the Be Matte Blush in Blackberry after seeing your review, and it's wonderful. It really goes with anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rachel, thanks so much! :) I'm so glad you like Blackberry! It's my favorite shade of all the Be Mattes.

      Delete
  2. Yep, I'm with you on the Naked palette, IT CC Cream, IT Bye Bye Undereye, Mally Cream Shadow Stick, and Colour Pop blushes. Great minds think alike ;) (Katherine T.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine! :) They're all pretty much holy grails for me!

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig