Makeup Revolution Amazing Sheer Gloss Review and Swatches

I received the Makeup Revolution Amazing Sheer Lip Glosses ($1.50 each at Makeuprevolution.com) as part of a Black Friday bundle...they were part of a free gift for spending a certain amount of money...I think it was $40? 
Anyway, they've been sitting on my desk for a long time and I wasn't even sure I was going to try them, because they just seem like plain old lip gloss tubes...nothing too exciting. But the other day I grabbed one on my way out the door and applied it in the car and I liked it so much, I had to try the other three shades! Let's take a look...


First, can we talk about how cheap these are? $1.50 is probably one of the least expensive lip glosses I've ever owned. Plus you get quite a bit of product...they come in long narrow tubes that are perfect for throwing in your purse because they're not chunky. 

I also love that they're totally see-through so you know exactly what color you're getting. The only downside is, if you're in the US, you may know that shipping from London isn't cheap...it's a little over $12, so it would really hurt to spend more on shipping costs than the glosses themselves.  So you may want to wait until you have a larger order and just throw some of these in with it.

They come in 9 shades, plus clear (which I also received in the Black Friday gift, but I'm not reviewing it because...well, it's clear). They're called Amazing Sheer Lip Gloss and for the most part they are very sheer...except for one of the shades which you'll see below.
Hush Hush, Not Naive, Baby Try, Must Be Strong
As I was looking at the names, I realized that they're song lyrics from........
...the 80's band Kajagoogoo's hit song "Too Shy".  Here's a trip down memory lane for all you 80's fans, and if you're not familiar with this song, you may recognize the chorus around the 1:00 mark.


These have a typical plastic slant applicator and the formula is a bit on the runnier side and not sticky at all.  In fact, they feel ultra-moisturizing, like a glossy lip balm. Of course, like most lip glosses, the wear time is pretty short, but I noticed that my lips felt hydrated long after the color and shine was gone.
Not Naive, Hush Hush, Baby Try, Must Be Strong

Not Naive is a pale nude gloss that barely adds any color to my lips. If anything, it just tones down the natural pink color in them a little bit.  But for me, this was almost like using clear gloss.
Makeup Revolution Amazing Sheer Lip Gloss in Not Naive
Makeup Revolution Amazing Sheer Lip Gloss Not Naive
Hush Hush is a sheer baby pink that also doesn't add much color to my lips. It actually looks very similar to Not Naive (above) when it's on my lips, although when swatched on my arm, it looks more pink.
Hush Hush 

Hush Hush 
Baby Try surprised me as it was really pigmented and not sheer at all! It has the same texture but the color was much more opaque. It's a bright fuchsia pink that's perfect for summer.
Baby Try

Baby Try
Must Be Strong is a beautiful rosy red that's as sheer as the first two, but since it's a darker shade, it shows up on my lips. It's not as strong of a color as it looks in the tube, but I actually love this subtle my-lips-but-better shade.
Must Be Strong

Must Be Strong
Overall, you can't go wrong with these glosses for $1.50 each! But if you're in the US, it may not be worth it to buy these unless they're an add-on to a larger order due to shipping costs.
If any of you had gotten these during the Black Friday sale, or picked them up another time what do you think of them? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
You can purchase these at Makeuprevolution.com

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig