Kat Von D. Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette- New For Summer 2015

Kat Von D fans...there's a new palette out with your name on it! The Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette ($46) is now at Sephora (currently for VIB and Rouge members only).  Let's take a look!


Description: 

Transform your eyes through the art of contouring. After tapping into makeup pro secrets, Kat Von D created this first-of-its-kind eye shadow palette. It’s specially-designed for eye contouring, a groundbreaking technique once used only by beauty experts to define and enhance eyes. This palette features a gorgeous, versatile array of true contouring shades, arranged into three color quads—neutral, cool, and warm—to flatter every skintone. 

Three large base shadows are arranged above three coordinating powders for contouring, defining, and highlighting. The palette includes an easy-to-follow contouring guide with step-by-step instructions for creating three different eye-opening techniques. Each velvety powder is blendable and buildable, and it features Kat Von D’s signature high-pigment, long-wear eye shadow formula, created to deliver rich color that lasts all day and all night. 


Here's a breakdown of the shades:

- 3 x 0.08 oz Base shades in Laetus (creamy nude), Lazarus (cool taupe), Ludwin (peachy bronze) 
- 3 x 0.04 oz Contour shades in Samael (dusty fawn), Saleos (smoky brown), Succubus (rich rust) 
- 3 x 0.04 oz Define shades in Solas (espresso brown), Shax (jet black), Sytry (chocolate brown) 
- 3 x 0.04 oz Highlight shades in Lucius (soft beige), Liberatus (pinkish ivory), Latinus (golden bisque) 

It also comes with a step-by-step contouring guide.  I need another eyeshadow palette like I need a hole in the head, but I have to admit...this one looks pretty cool! 
What do you think? Will you be indulging in the Shade + Light Eye Contour Palette

You May Also Like: 

5 comments

  1. I guess I don't understand the need to contour everything. Is it legit or just a fad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know it definitely seems faddy since everyone is coming out with contouring products. I remember everyone contouring back in the 80's and then it went out of style in the 90's when everyone got into more natural looks. But...I have seen some crazy transformations with face contouring! You can change the entire look of your face if it's done right, it's pretty amazing. That said, I don't get this concept of eye contouring? Isn't that what we do when we put darker shades in the crease and outer corner and lighter shades under the brow bone?
      To me, eye contouring definitely seems like clever marketing but what do I know? Maybe I'm missing something, haha.

      Delete
  2. I think the contouring fad has gone a bit too far, but that said, I will probably buy this palette because I love everything Kat Von D puts out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a nice selection of matte shades at a reasonable cost when compared with say viseart, hopefully the quality will be consistent with previous palettes. I really like the colour selection as well in one place, i will order with vib sale discount so thats a saving anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just picked this up during the VIB sale! It's awesome, get one!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig