Hard Candy 20th Anniversary Collection Spotted at Walmart

The Hard Candy 20th Anniversary limited edition collection is just starting to hit Walmart stores and this 90's teen just freaked out when I saw those original nail polishes with the ring! 
My love of Hard Candy goes way back to 1995 when I was 16. It girl of the moment Alicia Silverstone went on David Letterman to promote Clueless wearing Sky nail polish, a light blue shade and when he asked her about it, she said it was Sky by Hard Candy and everyone went crazy! Back then, nail polishes were mainly pinks and reds...other colors weren't mainstream like they are now (hard to believe!) plus there were no Sephora's or Ulta's and these nail polishes were sold at Nordstrom for like $12 a bottle...not exactly accessible to a girl who lived in East Bumble upstate NY.
I finally got my hands on my first one when I was at the Jersey Shore on vacation that summer. A surf shop on the boardwalk had a countertop display of Hard Candy nail polish (all they made was nail polish back then). I really wanted Sky but they were out of it, so I bought Trailer Trash, a glittery silver color.


Slowly, I added to my collection and had quite a few colors as they became more accessible. Then the brand grew into a full-blown makeup line and was carried at Sephora for a while back when I worked there in 2005. I have awesome memories of my sisters and I doing manicures on the front porch with these so you can imagine how nostalgic it is to see these again!
 Today I spotted a small display at Walmart that has five of the original shades ($4 each) plus a new pastel Top Ten eyeshadow palette called Sky's the Limit ($6). There are more products coming out, including heart shaped blush/highlighters (see top photo). I'll post photos as soon as they land in my local store but for now, here's a close up on the polishes and the eyeshadow palette.

Is Hard Candy a nostalgia brand for you, like it is for me? I'd love to hear your stories about it!

3 comments

  1. I remember buying a Hard Candy nail polish set over ten years ago at Sephora, it had the rings and everything! Trailer Trash was my favorite shade - I'm still a glitter polish fiend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I remember when Hard Candy was sold in Sephora :)

    Anytime I'm in Wal Mart I make sure to check out the new HC products (and Flower)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the rings more than the polish!I loved those! I love hard candy again more because of your blog, so many great dupes!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig