Hairdo 20" Wavy Hair Extension Review

Do you have short hair and wish it could be longer right now?  Or are you wondering how to make your fine, thin hair look thicker instantly? If so, you're definitely going to want to read this post! I recently purchased a Hairdo 20" Wavy Extension on Hautelook for $39 (regularly $99). I've tried clip-in hair extensions in the past, but they never worked for me because my hair is so fine, I could only put 2 rows of clips or they would start to show through. So when I saw this one piece extension, I was excited to try it because it seemed like it would be not only faster and easier to use, but also easier to hide! Let's take a look...
Hairdo Hairuwear 20" extension
Hairdo 20" Wavy Extension in Ginger Brown
Unlike other clip-in extensions, this is so easy you don't even need practice...just put up half your hair, clip it in, then let your hair down and you're done! You don't have to deal with multiple wefts.


It has a netted cap section that's stretchy and I found that it's a little too large for my head.  So I wear it up a little higher and that solves the problem.  It means that the hair falls a little bit shorter length-wise but that's ok with me because it's still quite a bit longer than my natural hair. It has 6 pressure-sensitive clips that are super easy to use...just pop them open, then tease your own hair to add some grip, slide the clips onto your own hair and press them against your head.  They lock into place all day without moving- I never worry that it's going to fall out.
Hairdo Hairuwear 20" wavy extension

Here's a close-up of one of the clips. I find that the easiest way to wear this is to part my hair about an inch above my ears and pin my hair up.  Then I place the top of the extension along the horizontal part I just created and stretch the cap around my head from ear to ear, clipping the top 2 clips into place on either side of my head.  Then I clip the sides behind my ears, and then finally, the bottom clip at the nape of my neck.
Hairdo Hairuwear 20" wavy extension

Here's my before and after...my natural hair is in a long bob, but my hair is very thin, especially if I don't add some curl.  This extension not only adds fullness, but a few inches of length as well! I chose the shade Ginger Brown and it matches perfectly! I was actually surprised at how well it matched because I was just going by the photo online (which are almost never accurate!).
Before
Hairdo Hairuwear 20" wavy extension
After

Hairdo Hairuwear 20" wavy extension
After

Here's what the back looks like...(I don't know why my hair looks so red and light in the close-up here...it's really not that color at all!)
This extension is made with the Tru2Life Synthetic Hair which can be heat styled up to 350 degrees. So I can straighten or curl this however I want to, which is an added bonus! It feels really soft and just like real hair.  It's a little shinier than my natural hair, which is pretty dry and damaged, but I love that because it disguises all of my split ends and makes my hair look super healthy!
Overall, I'm loving this Hairdo extension! It takes 2 minutes to put in and hides easily under my fine hair.  It also contains multiple layers in itself so it blends really well with my shorter hair...that's something I had trouble with when using other extensions...there was an obvious line where my hair ended and they began.  That doesn't happen with this...it's seamless.
Even though the Hautelook sale is over, Groupon currently has this extension for only $34.99! The offer is only good for the next 9 days, or until they sell out, so if you're looking for extensions, I definitely recommend this one!

6 comments

  1. I am amazed how well it matches!! it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think a range of hair colors will work with this color? I would pick the same color for myself, but my hair is more auburn and darker than yours, so now I'm not sure what to choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would probably work on a range of shades. When I first took it out of the package, I thought no way is it going to match because it looks much more auburn than my hair. But somehow it still works! It's also a little darker than my hair (I can tell looking back at the photos) but I think because it's sandwiched between the top and bottom layers of my hair, it blends and looks like lowlights or like I have a little ombre going on.

      Delete
    2. Awesome. Thanks for your help! Do you prefer these or the Daisy Fuentes for ease of use for first timers? Love your blog! : )

      Delete
    3. They're both super easy to use, but I would say it depends on the length of your hair right now. When I had longer hair, the Daisy Fuentes one was perfect for adding volume and a little bit of length. But when I cut my hair shorter into a bob, the Daisy Fuentes one looked awkward because it's all one length and there was a clear line where my hair ended and the extension began (especially in the back). The Hairdo extension has layers cut into it so there's no noticeable line in the back and it blends with shorter hair better. Both of them are super easy to use and are much easier than other clip-in extensions, so it really just depends on your length. I plan to use the Daisy Fuentes one again when my hair gets a little bit longer. That way, I'll have one straight and one wavy extension! :)

      Delete
  3. Am on a binge read having missed months - life as a stay home mom is often insane as you know :) but was thrilled to read about these. Going to check out the group on now. For myself and sister who had purchased a small fortune in hair extensions trying to find that perfect set. These sounds great -!; are inexpensive. Thx for the review. Your hair looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig