ELF Studio Prism Palette Naked Review and Swatches

The other day, I was in Target and I spotted a bunch of new Elf products that they were putting out (I posted a picture of some new Beauty Book palettes on my Instagram page if you're interested to see what they look like).  They were also putting out some products that have been around for a while on the Elf website, but I haven't seen at Target yet, like the Prism Palette ($10) in Naked. I've been dying to try this for a while now since a lot of beauty bloggers are comparing it to Makeup Geek's foiled shadows. Let's take a look!
icon
Elf studio prism palette review swatches
ELF Studio Prism Palette in Naked $10
The description on the back of the box reads: 

These ultra-silky and lustrous eyeshadows look like a powder but feel like a cream, allowing for a smooth and flawless application. Use to contour, line, and highlight for a radiant finish. The luminous, shimmery formula creates a gorgeous range of looks for both day and night.
Elf studio prism palette review swatches beauty blog


It comes in a slim black case with a full mirror inside and six nude shadows ranging from white to brown. The shadows have a pretty sheen to them, but they're not glittery at all...they just look shiny like foil, if that makes sense.
elf studio prism palette naked
I haven't tried Makeup Geek's foiled shadows yet, so unfortunately, I can't compare them to this.  But I will say that these are definitely the best eyeshadows I've tried from Elf yet! They feel soft and buttery and have very little fallout when using a brush, and none when using my finger.
Without primer, the majority of the shades are very pigmented...but the first two lightest shades are a little streaky and not as pigmented as the other four.
elf prism palette naked
Elf studio prism palette review swatches makeup blog
No Primer
With primer, all of the shades are really intense and beautiful! They also apply and blend like a dream.
Elf studio prism palette review swatches makeup blog
Over Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised by the Prism Palette! At $10, it's more on the expensive side for Elf, but it's totally worth it for the quality of shadows you're getting. It comes in 2 other color combos but I didn't see those at Target, so you may only be able to find them on the Elf Website.

Here are the links to all three in case you're interested:

Elf studio prism palette review swatches beauty blog
Elf Prism Palette in Naked $10
Prism Palette in Smoke $10

Prism Palette in Sunset $10

3 comments

  1. I really want to try this palette, the shades look really pretty!

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the one in sunset. Very pretty and buttery

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shades look very shimmery in the palette, but don't come off that way when used, similar to the Maybelline Eye Studio Quads. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig