NYC Cosmetics Spring 2015 City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Color Review and Swatches

Last week, I posted a photo on Instagram of a Spring 2015 Limited Edition display from NYC Cosmetics that I spotted at Kmart.  It featured three shades of the City Proof Twistable Intense Lip Color, two eyeshadow palettes, colored mascaras, nail polishes, and two shades of the blush sticks that had disappeared from the line a while ago (I was so excited to see those back again and will be reviewing those shortly). 
The Twistable Intense Lip Colors ($2.99) in the display were a peachy nude, bright orange, and bright raspberry fuchsia.  I'm not really a fan of orange or peachy nude lips (I try to stay with pinky nudes for my skin tone), but that blue-based raspberry color was calling my name! 

The shade is called 003 Raspberry Juice and smells exactly like a raspberry popsicle! I've never tried these Twistable Lip Colors from NYC before but I absolutely love how easy they are to use! They glide onto your lips so easily and have great color payoff! 


The idea of a crayon you don't have to sharpen is fantastic and I've been keeping the point sharp by applying it on the sides of the tip rather than using the point.

This color is just stunning and the blue undertones make it great for those with fair skin or cool undertones! You can see here that it lays down quite a bit of color in one swipe. 

It has a somewhat glossy finish and feels so comfortable...like a balm! And yet it doesn't have a lot of slip, it feels like it'll stay put rather than sliding all over the place, and it really does.  This lasted for hours and hours on me...most of the day! I think a lot of that has to do with the fact that after about an hour or so, the gloss wears away and it leaves a beautiful stain behind. My lips felt slightly dry after a few hours but not to the point where they looked overly dry or cracked. It was more of just a feeling like I needed to put on some lip balm.
Overall, I'm really impressed with this formula and definitely want to try more shades! They're so affordable at $2.99, why not? As I said in the beginning of the post, I saw these limited editions at Kmart and that's the only place I've seen them so far.  But if you've seen them elsewhere, please drop a comment below!

You May Also Like: 

3 comments

  1. Beautiful shade!! I cant wait to spot this collection!

    Annie | www.drugstoredreamer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! Haven't seen yet, hopefully soon.

      Delete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig