Sephora VIB Rouge Make Up For Ever Birthday Set

Last year I was thrilled (and a bit shocked) to qualify for VIB Rouge Status at Sephora (Rouge is the top tier of their Beauty Insider program and to qualify, you need to spend a minimum of $1,000 in a calendar year...yikes! I can't believe I did that!) 
Anyway, since my birthday is coming up in two weeks, I got this amazing Make Up For Ever kit with a purchase the other day as a Rouge perk. Even though it's not something you can buy, I wanted to talk about it because these products are just awesome (and you can buy the full sizes separately).
 The kit comes with three deluxe samples:

  • Aqua Eyes Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil
  • Smoky Extravagant Volume Mascara
  • Rouge Artist Natural N9 Lipstick



This kit has reminded me how badass Make Up For Ever's products are! They don't always catch my attention because everyone is always talking about trendy brands like Too Faced and Urban Decay, (which are great), but Make Up For Ever is a brand that almost never disappoints when it comes to quality and performance.


Aqua Eyes Liner in Black, $19
The Aqua line was created for the Parisian Aquatic Ballet and has been tested underwater for 5 hours! I've tried tons of waterproof liners and even thought they have great staying power, they eventually do smudge or fade a bit. This pencil looked the same at 10pm as it did in the morning when I applied it...even through rubbing my eyes, which I tend to do when my contacts bother me.


Smoky Extravagant Volume Mascara, $24.
According to Sephora.com: "Using 4D technology, an exclusive microdefining wax complex envelopes the lash surface in ultrablack pigments for far-away impact and up-close precision". This mascara has a cone-shaped brush and I use the wide end to get volume and the narrow end to get every last lash. It doesn't clump and also didn't budge all day, even through rubbing my eyes. This is the first mascara in a long time that hasn't given me raccoon eyes at the end of the day!


Rouge Artist Natural Lipstick in N9 (Copper Pink), $20.

This was the biggest surprise of the kit because I'm not really a lipstick person as I find them too drying and like a softer more natural look. But this lipstick is so amazing, I'm going to purchase the full size! It's super moisturizing like a balm, and has a translucent, soft finish. The color N9 is just gorgeous...a little darker in the tube than I thought I would like, but it's so wearable on the lips, especially for fall! It wears as a soft pinky brown. There are tons of reviews popping up on Sephora's website from people who got this in the birthday kit and loved the formula and shade, so I'm definitely not alone! 

Here's a photo of me wearing all three products (the lipstick came out looking a little lighter in the photo than in real life).
                          
I'm so happy to have rediscovered an old favorite (Aqua Eyes) and found two new amazing products from Make Up For Ever! So, have you tried any of their products?  Or did you get this birthday kit- what did you think about it? 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig