Amope Pedi Perfect Foot File Review

Have you seen the commercials lately for the Amope Pedi Perfect ($49)?  They totally hooked me, even though I already have an Emjoi Micro-Pedi.  But my poor feet really took a beating this summer wearing flip flops and sandals all the time.  I never had this problem when I was working because I wore shoes most of the day, but now that I'm a stay-at-home Mom, it's sandals all the time!  So needless to say, I'm a sucker for anything that promises smoother, less callused feet.


This device is battery powered and is basically a motorized version of a Ped-Egg, saving you time and arm muscles.  You're supposed to use it on dry skin and only leave it on each area for 3-4 seconds at a time to avoid taking off too much skin.  It also has a feature that shuts it off automatically if you press too hard, so a light touch is really all you need...this does all the work for you.

The Pedi-Perfect looks like a mini paint roller, and has a soft, rubbery grip with a coarse, sandpaper-like roller at the top.  You turn it on by twisting the silver ring at the top of the handle and the roller starts spinning.  It doesn't hurt a bit and right away, I saw white dust flying everywhere as it took off a layer of dead skin.  Note: use this over a bathtub if you don't want dead foot skin all over your house!

In a matter of minutes, my feet were baby smooth and soft and my calluses had softened and gotten much flatter and smaller.  I followed up with a thick moisturizer and a pair of socks and in the morning, my feet looked so much better!

As I mentioned at the beginning of the post, I already own an Emjoi Micro-Pedi, and you may be wondering how they're different.  First of all, there's a big price difference between them.  I got my Emjoi for $19.99 on Amazon, while the Amope is $49.99 (I got it on sale for $39.99 at Walgreens). Also, the Amope Pedi-Perfect is much larger in size (see photo below).

I've been using my Emjoi all summer and have loved it, but the roller is a little less coarse than the Amope so it feels like it takes a bit longer to shave off the calluses. I was amazed after using the Amope for the first time how quickly it smoothed out calluses that I had been working on for a few days with the Emjoi. However, the Emjoi does a better job at smoothing and polishing the smaller areas and the dead skin.
So it's kind of like using sandpaper or a nail buffer...you start with the coarsest one to smooth out the roughest area at first, then use the finer grain to smooth and polish. I've found that using a combination of the two works better than either one on their own.  But either one alone is still more effective than using a manual file like a Ped-Egg.
So I would recommend either one of these devices if you're looking for a way to get really smooth feet! If your calluses aren't too bad and you're just looking to smooth out some roughness, go with the Emjoi, because it's a lot cheaper.  It will eventually get rid of the calluses also, just not as fast. But if you have major calluses that need a lot of attention, you might like the Amope better.

How do you smooth your feet at home? Do you use a file like a Ped-Egg or a device like this?

To purchase or see other reviews, please visit Drugstore.com

You May Also Like: 


18 comments

  1. Wow! This is such an incredible device..

    Hina xx
    http://makeupbyhina.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it has replacement cylinders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! They sell them at Walgreens too!

      Delete
    2. Are they very expensive? What would be ieal if they have different cylinders that buffed and polished!

      Delete
    3. I think they're between $18-20...kind of expensive! I found a new similar device that's made by Ped Egg and it was only $15 plus it came with the regular roller and a smoothing buffing roller as well! I've been testing that one for review and so far it does a very similar job at a much nicer price!

      Delete
  3. Where do you buy the replacement rollers for the Ped Egg Power?

    ReplyDelete
  4. None of the information I've found about the Ped Egg Power states whether or not the batteries are replaceable, rechargeable or otherwise. Does anyone know for sure what the situation is with the batteries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes 2 AA batteries and you can replace them easily...there's a little door on the back that slides open. :)

      Delete
  5. How would you rate the amope vs the ped egg power? Which does a better job?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krystal, there's not much difference at all! The Amope might get the job done slightly faster because the roller is larger an can cover more surface area, but the Ped Egg works just as well at getting rid of dead skin and calluses so if you don't mind it taking a little longer, it's much cheaper than the Amope.

      Delete
  6. I found this on Amazon today. Looks like it's new. I love love love anything pink, so I would rather get this than the Amope Pedi Perfect. Does anyone have one? Are you happy with it?

    http://www.amazon.com/Pedicure-Allure-Electronic-Comfort-Remover/dp/B00T2P8GXC/ie=UTF8?m=&keywords=pedicure+tools

    ReplyDelete
  7. They come in pink at Target..39.99..replacement rollers 14.99X2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't waste your money The Ped Egg does much better and is lots cheaper. I used this for several minutes and it did next to nothing and my feet are in pretty good shape!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the ped-egg and wanted to try the Amope.I have callouses that are sooooo thick and hard it took forever with the ped-egg.Not to mention the workout I got using it! The Amope may be expensive but it's well worth it! I've used it for about 2 weeks.It's a real time saver. Works great! For the first time in years I have smooth feet! I saved some money by finding one on ebay.replacement rollers too.This worked great for me.I still can't say enough good things about it!Love it! Well worth the money to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've used both, and imo the Amope Pedi is better. I absolutely love how gentle it is on the skin. I also thought that it was a bit more effective too. I

    If anyone is interested I also found a couple of coupons that could prove to be useful:

    http://amopecoupon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen the advertisements for this foot file and thought there was no way it would really work. I purchased it on a recommendation from an acquaintance, and couldn't be happier. I've used it everyday and my calluses are disappearing.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig