My Favorites: The Best Cream Eyeshadows

A lot of you guys have asked me to start doing favorites posts, letting you know what my absolute cant-live-without products are. There are so many, it would make for a very long post, so I figured I would break it up by category in a long series of posts throughout the month.
Also, I want to show my favorites for different budgets, so I'll do a drugstore favorite and a high-end favorite. The first category I want to talk about is cream eyeshadows.

Budget Option

Cream Eyeshadows have come such a long way in the past few years. I used to avoid them like the plague because I never met a cream shadow that didn't crease, fade or smudge off quickly.
That all changed when I tried my first Color Tattoo from Maybelline New York.


This drugstore option is around $6.99 and comes in a bunch of shades (with new limited editions being released every season). They have amazing staying power and have never creased or faded on me. They last all day and the product itself is also long-lasting. I've had some of them for over a year, since you only need a little bit and as long as you close them tightly, they won't dry out. My favorites are Bad to the Bronze, a gorgeous taupe bronze and Tough as Taupe which is actually more of a gray with a hint of taupe. I can wear these two shades with just about anything!
These are also easy to find, since they're available at any drugstore (I've even seen them in the grocery store!).

High-End Option

My favorite high-end cream Eyeshadows are from Mally Beauty. Her Evercolor Eye Shadow Sticks are, as Mally puts it, "Bulletproof"!
One thing I love about these is that they come in a stick, which makes them pretty much foolproof to apply. I like to draw an outline of how I want the shadow to look from crease to lash line, then I just color in the center!
These shadows are primer, shadow base and eyeshadow in one, plus you can use them as a liner that won't go anywhere!
I love to use them on my lower lash line because they won't migrate under my eyes like powder shadow does.
I would say that these have a little more staying power than even the Color Tattoos (if you don't remove them at night, they're still there in the morning!) but the downsides to these are price ($25 each) and they're not always easy to find. Ulta carries them, but I don't have an Ulta near me so I have to purchase them at Ulta.com, or Birchbox.com.
One great resource to check first is QVC, because they sometimes have gift sets of these. A few months ago, I got 5 of these shadow sticks for $35! That works out to $7 a piece, same as a Color Tattoo! So there are definitely deals to be had.

So those are my #1 cream eyeshadow picks at any budget. Of couse there are others that I like, but these are the best of the best. I've tried ones more expensive than Mally's Evercolor and Maybelline Color Tattoo and I didn't like them as much, so price isn't an indicator of quality and performance.

Do you have a favorite cream eyeshadow? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig