MUA Make Up Academy Lip Primer

A few weeks ago, I posted some photos on my Facebook page of the new MUA display at CVS. I was excited because I've heard great things about this British brand and couldn't wait to try it! Then I found out that the products we have here in the US were exclusively created for CVS, so we won't be getting the same products they have in the UK...bummer! The CVS line consists of lip products, brushes, and false eyelashes, since those are big sellers for them.
I chose to try the Lip Primer ($5), because I've never seen one at the drugstore and it seemed like something I could really use (more about that in a minute).
It comes in a standard lipstick-type tube and the end is clear so you can see what color it is.


Basically, this is supposed to not only create a base for lip products to adhere to, it also evens out your lip color. I have two different colored lips- my top one is paler than the bottom. So when I wear lip products, especially sheer ones, the bottom still looks darker than the top. A makeup artist I worked with at Sephora told me I could put foundation or concealer on my lips to even them out but those are too chalky and crusty on the lips. No thanks!
Even if your lips are both the same color, this is also useful for adding a base color if your lips are very pale. It'll darken whatever lip color you want to wear by adding a base.
Also, if your lips are naturally red or rosy, this nude-brown shade will neutralize them so that your lip color will look truer to what it looks like in the tube.
Here's what it looks like swatched on my skin. It's a nude-brown and the texture is very thick and waxy. It's not super moisturizing but it needs to be drier to hold on to your lip products and keep them from sliding off. It's certainly not as drying as wearing concealer on your lips.
The Results:

In the first picture, I'm wearing a nude gloss and you can see how my top lip is a shade lighter than the bottom one.

With the primer on, my lips are now the same color.

Now with the gloss reapplied on top, my lips look even-toned and the gloss looks a little darker on top of a base that isn't so pale.

Overall, I like this lip primer a lot! It works well and it's not the type of product you find very often.
I don't see myself using this every day, since it's an extra step and I'm usually just very casual, swipe on gloss or lip balm and go. But if I'm going out at night or if it's a special occasion I'll definitely use this! At $5 it's cheap enough that I won't feel like I have to use it every day.
You can purchase MUA products at CVS.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig