OGX Smooth Hydration Argan Oil and Shea Butter Moisture Restore Weightless Oil Review

OGX Argan Oil and Shea Butter Weightless Oil (as I'm going to refer to it since the actual title is super long) is a "creamy blend of moisturizing shea butter to balance hair and scalp while weightless argan oil restores luster and shine, giving you silky smooth strands or softens your natural curls for hydrated perfection".

I normally stay away from hair oils since I have fine hair and they can make it look greasy. But I saw that this one said it was    "weightless" on the bottle and it made me curious to try it since it not only has Argan Oil (which it seems like every product these days does), but it also has Shea Butter, which is super nourishing for damaged hair like mine. The problem is, Shea Butter products always weigh my hair down too. So I wanted to find out if this could truly be a "weightless" Shea butter oil that would work for my hair type. 


Here's the back of the bottle and ingredient list: 
First, before testing it in my hair, I pumped a few drops into my hand and rubbed them together so that I could feel the weight and texture and decide how much I should use. The first thing I noticed was how quickly it disappeared into my skin. This is truly a very lightweight oil...probably the lightest I've used so far. It left almost no residue in my palms, and the scent...oh the heavenly scent! It's a warm, buttery vanilla that smells good enough to eat (but please don't). 
I used a drop about the size of a quarter since I have long hair (medium or short use a dime sized amount). I rubbed my hands together and applied it to towel dried hair starting in the middle, working down to the ends. When I was finished blow drying, I was truly amazed at how my hair looked! It was shiny and the ends looked freshly cut. It had plenty of volume and didn't seem weighted down at all. Not to press my luck but I wanted to see how far the weightless claim went, so I decided to try adding a dime sized amount to my dry hair for added polish and shine.
Using a trick I learned recently, I rubbed the oil between my palms and pulled my hair back like I was pulling it into a ponytail, then ran my fingers through the ends. This ensures that you don't put too much oil toward your scalp where it'll start to weigh your hair down. Then with the remaining tiny little bit left on my hands, I then smoothed them over the top of my head, getting rid of the little frizzies around my part. It never weighed my hair down at all, and it looked smooth, healthy and shiny right through until bedtime. 
OGX Argan Oil and Shea Butter Weightless Oil is an amazing smoothing product for fine hair (I suspect it'll also work great on thicker hair).  I'm thinking that my other hair treatments are going to sit under my sink, unused, now that I've found this (well at least until the next great thing comes along)! 
I bought this at Ulta for $7.99. I believe they also carry it at Walmart for $5.79. 

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig