Birchbox June 2014 Unboxing

I got my June 2014 Birchbox today, and as usual I'm excited to see what's in it.  Lets take a look...
Birchbox June 2014
 This month's theme is "Away We Go" inspired by all the trips people take this time of year.
Here's the card that details what's in the box:
Birchbox June 2014

First is Antica Farmacista Bergamot and Ocean Aria Body Wash ($25 for full size).  This body wash smells amazing- like a spa.  Very fresh, clean and soothing.  It's also made with sweet almond oil so it's very hydrating.  


Next is The Aloe Source Vitamin C Antioxidant Creme ($40 for full size)-  This antioxidant cream is supposed to smooth wrinkles and hydrate the skin with vitamin C and aloe.
Benefit They're Real Mascara ($23 for the full size, this is the $10 size).  I already use this mascara all the time, so I appreciate the travel size to take on vacation with me next week.  This mascara is amazing!
birchbox june 2014
LAQA & Co. Lip Lube Crayon ($18 for full size).  This seems like a cool product and as you can see by the swatch below, it's sheer but has some pigment to it and also felt very hydrating.  Problem is, I can't see myself wearing this funky purple shade.

Finally, Catherine Malandrino perfume ($110 for full size)- the description says that it mingles "summery fruits and florals for an elegant vibe".  On me, this smells exactly like Viktor and Rolf's Flowerbomb.  I find it a bit too strong and in-your-face, at least for me since I tend to go for softer scents.
So overall this box was just so-so, other than the Benefit mascara and the Antica Farmacista shower gel.  I haven't been super thrilled with Birchbox lately, so I'm trying to decide if I should switch it up to another box instead.  Maybe Glossybox?  The Allure Box?  What do you guys like?  I already get Julep Maven, Beauty Box 5 and Ipsy.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig