L'Oreal Revitalift Moisture Blur Review

I wasn't a big fan of L'Oreal's Miracle Blur that launched last year, as I found it to be too thick, pasty, and no matter what I did, it would roll off my face in little balls. So I was hesitant to try the new Moisture Blur version, but I ended trying it because the idea of a primer and moisturizer in one was pretty exciting. I'm glad I did! 


This formula does contain glycerin, which draws water to the skin from the air, salicylic acid which is an exfoliant, and retinyl palmitate, which is Vitamin A, and likely what they're calling "Pro Retinol". This form is gentler than applying retinol directly, because it turns to retinol once in the skin. This also makes it not as effective as retinol for a wrinkle treatment. This formula also contains silicones, as most primers do.

It comes in a tube just like the original, but it's white vs. red. The product is dispensed through a hole that makes it easy to control how much product you're getting. Unlike Miracle Blur, this is much easier to squeeze out.



The formula itself feels creamy, like a hybrid moisturizer and primer. It's thick, but not as much as Miracle Blur, and it spreads nicely on the skin (no rolling into little balls either!). Since my skin is dryer than dry, I use a regular moisturizer first, then use this as a moisturizing primer. So if you're super dry, this won't do on its own, but for everyone else, you can skip the moisturizer and just use this over your serum, if you use one. In the summer, I'm thinking I can probably use this on its own.
I was impressed with how this made my skin look! It gave a soft focus look, imperfections were minimized, pores filled in and it just looked so smooth!


This might be my new favorite drugstore primer! I think it does such a good job of blurring in addition to the smoothing that other primers do. I find I don't need as much makeup when I wear this. Have you tried it? Thoughts?

Disclosure: I purchased this at Target for $19.99

2 comments

  1. How would you compare this to L'Oreal's Pore Vanisher?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is thicker and heavier than Pore Vanisher. I think it fills in pores a little bit better than pore vanisher, but it doesn't have the treatment ingredients that Pore Vanisher has to shrink pores over time. So this is more of a quick fix while pore vanisher is a long term treatment.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig