Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow Review and Swatches

I love cream eyeshadows and have every one of Mabelline's Color Tattoo Shades.  But a few of my favorites are starting to dry out, so I had planned on replacing them.  I got a Macy's gift card for Christmas and was originally going to get some post-baby weight clothes, but after looking around I just wasn't feeling anything that they have out at the moment.  So I wandered over to the beauty counters and was drawn to Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows. I tested a few out on my hand and purchased three shades that I thought would replace my Color Tattoo faves.

 Birthday Suit (a bronze shade), Skinny Jeans (pewter), and No Pressure! (light brown).  


These are very soft and easy to work with, just swipe and blend!  These colors are fantastic as well, and they have a beautiful sheen when applied, not shimmer or sparkle, but just a pretty glow.  
The pots they come in are bigger than Maybelline's Color Tattoo, but these are $20, as opposed to $7 so they're quite a bit more expensive.  
I thought I'd do some comparison swatches against the Color Tattoo shades to see if the colors were dupes. 


Benefit Birthday Suit and Maybelline Bad to the Bronze.  These were pretty close, and looked very similar in the pots.  On my skin, Birthday Suit was a little bit lighter than Bad to the Bronze, but they both had a pretty sheen.


Maybelline Tough as Taupe and Benefit Skinny Jeans.  These are also very similar in color, but Tough as Taupe is a matte shade, while Skinny Jeans has a sheen to it.  


Maybelline Matte Brown and Benefit No Pressure!.  Same as above, the Maybelline shade is matte, while the Benefit one has a bit of a glow when applied to the skin.




Overall, the Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows are great- the shades are beautiful, they last just as long as the Color Tattoo shadows and they don't crease at all, which is so important when using cream shadows.  
But Maybelline's Color Tattoo performs just as well at $7 vs. $20, so when these are gone I'll probably go back to my Color Tattoo's since the shades are similar enough.  

Have you tried Benefit's Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows?  What do you think?





1 comment

  1. Thank you for comparing them to the color tattoo! You shades me the money for birthday suit ;D

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig