Splurge! Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Petal Review and Swatches


Last week, Sephora Beauty Insiders got the opportunity to try the brand new Petal shade of Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment before the general public (if you haven't signed up to be a Beauty Insider, it's free and has great perks).  When I got the email, I jumped at the chance to order it, even though at $22.50 it's quite a splurge for a tinted lip balm. What makes it so special? If you've tried it, you already know, but if not, I'll explain...
My love for Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment started about 8 years ago, when I was working for Sephora and as soon as I tried it, I was obsessed!   
It's the most moisturizing lip product I've ever used- it has a soft, glossy texture that melts easily, so you have to be careful not to keep it in your pocket.  No matter what condition your lips are in, this will heal them- they can be dry, flaky and peeling, but apply this and they go from shriveled to plump in a matter of minutes.  For even more conditioning, I wear the clear one to bed every night and wake up with plump, pillowy, lineless lips.  When my nose gets raw from a cold, I dab some on my skin with my finger, and by the next morning, it's totally healed. I've tried to find a drugstore balm that compares to this and I just can't...I mean, some of them are pretty good, but this is holy grail status. 

 During the day, my favorite shade is Rose- a sheer rosy pink that looks really nice with my fair complexion.
Rose

Since I just finished my tube of Rose, it was the perfect time to try Petal, which is described as sheer petal pink.  It has the same soft lemony scent as the rest of the shades, and the luxe metal twist tube comes in a pretty shade of pink.



This shade is definitely a little pinker than Rose, which has a bit more of a berry/reddish tint to it.  It's not a pale baby pink, but more of a nude-pink.  Here's a swatch:
Here's my before and after- from the pictures it doesn't look like there's much color to it, but it definitely shows up a little darker than it looks in the picture and is a great my-lips-but-better shade.  


Have you splurged on Fresh's Sugar Lip Treatment, and if so, what's your favorite shade?  
To purchase, head to Sephora.com.




2 comments

  1. I feel the same exact way that you do. I love it. I got a sample size months ago. I have the clear one and one that has a red tint. Im not crazy about the scent but it doesn't last that long. I wish I could afford to buy the full size but thats not possible. I also use the clear one at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I got a bum one but I thought this would be a holy grail for my super dry lips but it wasnt. I find the consistsncy too waxy and it just sits on my lips not sinking in. I do find a difference between rose and clear but my mission still continues for my perfect lip treatment.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments from you and hearing about your experiences with the products, whether you agree with me or not. It's the best way other readers can get the best information before they buy, so keep the comments coming! :)

Blogger Template Created by pipdig